Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Not very high.
He's always hurt, and always finds a way to pull a loss out of the jaws of victory. He's one of the bigger losers to play the game.

He'll be remembered as a very talented player who never quite found the time to maxamize that talent.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
cwebb=underrated.

Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
He's one of the bigger losers to play the game.
Then why do his teams somehow always make the playoffs, he even managed to get the Wizards and Warriors there.

He'll be remembered as a very talented player who never quite found the time to maxamize that talent.
There is still time, CWebb shouldn't be written off at least until he is 36 I say.

·
Registered
48 Posts
cweb barely a flicker in all time...

First off, Web has been hurt too much to be even considered on an all-time list, sorry.

Cweb healthy has not really accomplished that much; some playoff wins, but never getting to the finals.

So even among current pf, he would be top 10 but clearly below Karl, Tim and Garnett because he just won an MVP.

Because of his injury plagued seasons, he is ranked (for me) below players that have played at his level, but been more consistent as well;Dirk, J. O'neal (if he plays at this level for a few more years).

He has been good. He was probably the 2nd best pf (behind tim). But he really never challenged for MVP, so hes not top 3 for pf of the last 10 years, much less on the top 10 of all time.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Re: cwebb=underrated.

Originally posted by <b>sherako</b>!

Then why do his teams somehow always make the playoffs, he even managed to get the Wizards and Warriors there.
Whoa! Time out! You mean Chris got the Warriors team with prime hall of famers Tim Hardaway and Chris Mullin to the playoffs? WOW!

And that Wizards team never achieved what people thought they might at the time. And was soon dismantled.

I'm not saying Webber's teams are abject failures, I'm saying they inevitably get to the big games and he chokes. To say nothing of the fact he's nearly always injured come playoff time. Webber must have the weakest ankles in the league. He's always hobbling around on one ankle. He's looked like an old man for much of his career.

There was an excellent post after the playoffs about webber being the perpetual choker. I forget who did it now. I want to say Artestfan, but maybe Rawse did it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Is Tim Hardaway really a HOF? Not to mention the last year, Golden State made the playoffs was the last year, Webber was in a uni. Believe that.

I still feel he has 3 good years left. People are righting this man off, but he is going to prove a lot of doubters wrong this year.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I love ArtestFan, but he is wrong in this vain. You don't get a team to the precipice of greatness by being a loser. He just hasn't been good enough to win the big one, but to call him a loser is foolish.

·
Registered
878 Posts
A good big man that will most likely be remembered for his college timeout than his NBA career 15+ years after he's retired.
:yes:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
certainly down the list of the alltime greats. as a sophomore in highschool you had to think he was going to be the best pf ever. i like his game but i never liked the attitude, not that he was a wise guy or a selfish player but he never took repsonsibility for anything. when they lost to unc while he was at michigan he took a backhand shot at his coach by saying coaching wins at the college level. he should have won a title a couple of years ago when the refs hosed the kings in the series with the lakers but as one of my esteemed colleagues on here pointed out he just has too many injuries now to be anywhere near the player he used to be. got a cute old lady though.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
wins are the cure.

CWebb, Loser

That's what you'll be looking for. It was Artestfan.
Well ArtestFan is a blowhard poster, of course he will say things like that.

The point is, CWebb still has a few years to get that ring. Once he does, a lot of people will just forget about that timeout incident and all those other stigmas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not really a big believer of stats but if you look at them he's been pretty conssitant and very good with them

I'm not a big Webber fan at all acually I hate all west coast teams I just wanted to know what you guys think

Who are the top 10 PF's of all time in your opinion?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Re: wins are the cure.

Originally posted by <b>sherako</b>!

Well ArtestFan is a blowhard poster, of course he will say things like that.

The point is, CWebb still has a few years to get that ring. Once he does, a lot of people will just forget about that timeout incident and all those other stigmas.
You really think CWebb is going to win a title with the Kings anytime soon? The Kings are slipping farther and farther out of the picture.

They haven't even been to the WCF the last two years. Let alone the finals.

The Lakers broke them. Just like they broke the Blazers.

It's getting harder for the Kings, not easier. And this is while Webber enters the downside of his career.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Re: Re: wins are the cure.

It's getting harder for the Kings, not easier. And this is while Webber enters the downside of his career.
It doesn't matter, Chris Webber will still get a ring, whether it be with the Kings or not.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
How do you figure? How is CWebb going to go to a championship team with that huge contract?

The only team I can think that would take him would be the Knicks.

With the Spurs and Pistons so good now, KG good, Yao and T-Mac being together, Melo and the Nuggets, Dirk and Dallas a few years down the road---it's not going to be easy no matter where Webber goes.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Well I can guarantee Dallas isn't going to be a road block, KG and his team, you wanna talk about getting worse? They have absolutely ZERO young talent other than KG... Detroit and the Spurs will be tough to overcome, and T-Mac and Yao won't be a force to reckon with anytime soon... So really the Spurs and Pistons are the only ones that could get in the way nowadays... O and Melo and the Nuggets CERTAINLY won't be a force anytime soon either...

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Well I can guarantee Dallas isn't going to be a road block, KG and his team, you wanna talk about getting worse? They have absolutely ZERO young talent other than KG... Detroit and the Spurs will be tough to overcome, and T-Mac and Yao won't be a force to reckon with anytime soon... So really the Spurs and Pistons are the only ones that could get in the way nowadays... O and Melo and the Nuggets CERTAINLY won't be a force anytime soon either...
I was talking about those as teams for the next 10 years or the rest of Webber's career. Right now Spurs and Wolves are much better than the Kings. In 2 years Houston will be much better than the Kings. And in 3 or 4 years, Dallas will be at it's prime. And the Nuggets in 2-3 years as well.

So I just don't see the window for the Kings.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Chris Webber is perhaps the best passing power forward of all-time. In his prime, he was a dominant post player with a nice mid-range jumper and decent ball-handling skills for a big man.

His rebounding has been strong and his defense passable.

I'd say he's been one of the best power forwards of all-time, when healthy. Top-ten of all-time.

I don't agree with the allegations that he's a "loser" or a "choker." Winning a championship is difficult. He's done his best to get his team to the point where they could have done it, but various things happened not to go their way. Their seven-game loss to the Lakers wasn't his fault. He had a strong series. It was simply two evenly-matched teams and luck plays a big part in such a series.

He is injury-prone. That's a fair criticism. That's the thing that could prevent him reaching the Hall of Fame. I'm certain that a Webber who never got hurt would be a Hall lock. As it stands, he's not quite a Hall of Famer but could/should make it if he has two or three more strong seasons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts