Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Since I was a young basketball fan, I was amazed at Carter, he razzled he dazzled he seemed like a real leader, he could do anything he set I imagined a basketball player could do. Dunks, nice passing abillity, good jump shot, 3pt, almost everything... But what put him tops in my book was his love for Toronto. However this last past 2 years I have stepped outta my way to defend carter from the haters.. but I have increasingly realized how he is not what he used to be.

Carter was the man, every week he would have at least 3 or 4 of the top 10 dunks, (this was like 3 years ago). He lead us to the playoffs and performed, remember the playoffs.... 20x the excitement and heartbreak. Anyways it appeared to me injury after injury that, he could not rely on his athletism as much and for that his succes dropped and so did the raptors. I was cool with this because i would watch every game waiting for the old carter to come back and 10 games a season he shows glimpses..
However, last season really disgusted me, yeah he puts up the 20 ppg still has the good eye, but where is the excitment.. again the 10games were there last year, but seroiusly his confidence dropped so much.. He would drive and dish.. who else does that on a consistant bases... he would pass up oppurtunities he would normally shoot or dunk for god sakes... Everytime he would drive and pass 3 years ago he would drive and dunk that...
I wanted Carter to stay so badly, because i thought maybe he would come back to his old self... but he just won't.... It's the 3rd season where fans will be talking about his jumping shooting and no dunking....

But aside from him losing his athletism and confidence... This guy does ---- all in the offseason.. Common man, you hard core carter fans will obviously defend him... but this guy aint getting any exercise other than boning rucker.

And to top it all off he wont come out to say he doesn't want a trade.... I know most of the reports are exagerated or speculation but common man just say no.... if u care about those fans for u like the one on our forum just say no...but he doesn't he has just became a typical athlete, no care for basketball at all.

Anyways just my thoughts on Carter and his offseason...

on another note i think raptors will make mid to late playoffs...
however im not sold on centre issues...

peace

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vince is still Vince...he just never had the mental strength to deal with various difficulties that a player goes through and now its taken a toll on him.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Vince except Vince, its all mental. I guarantee that if the raps make the playoffs and start winning he will get that killer instinct, if they dont, oh well what a talent wasted

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
We don't know too much of what Vince does in the offseason other than the fact he's not much of a weight-lifter (although he certainly does some weight training) and he likes playing ball to stay in shape.

Playing with a weak team sucks a lot out of you. When Vince plays with good teams, he's usually the man.

We'll see if the old Carter makes a comeback with Mitchell and co. Don't write him off yet.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Old Vince had so much intensity and seemed to enjoy the game. And i dont think VC has lost alot of hops, but he has lost alot of quickness.

I was watching video of him back in the day, and he would just blow by defenders and dunk on them. With 6 secs left in tie game he blew by defender and dunked it. Now hed have a 3 jacked up.

I think tho the losing and injuries have taken the fun out of game for him, maybe a fast tempo offense will raise him back to greatness.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
he has to get rid of the fobia that if he drives and draws contact that it will not 4 sure end up as a another injury.

Thats why he relies so much on his jumpshot.
He's gotr to draw the fouls blow by people and draw the contact.

I know VC's FT % is preatty good but he misses costly FT's he has to remain concentrated after plays that send him to the line instead of chuckling n ****.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SpeakerBoxxx</b>!
Its not Vince Fault

Last yr we have the worst rebounding team in the league, we have no PG and Bosh playing 5 and a bad coach too
Even with the team last year, the old Carter would still have been dunking over people. I know you are obsessed with Vince and all, but you goto admit he is not the player he use to be.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jcintosun911</b>!

Even with the team last year, the old Carter would still have been dunking over people. I know you are obsessed with Vince and all, but you goto admit he is not the player he use to be.
Of course he's not the same but last yr he receive 0 help we can see a old vince Carter with a good PG not with Jalen rose

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jcintosun911</b>!

no, he's probably better- better playmaker and defender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts