Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty much inevitable now that the Raptors will let Marshall walk. But where will he end up? There are plenty of teams that would be interested in his services, but who do you think will end up luring him in?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think the leading candidates are Miami and Minnesota, and Minnesota already has a shooting big man off the bench (Griffin), so I think Miami.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I would rule out Miami for now because I don't think they will want to pay him what some other teams might but that could change depending on how some things finish out this year. I would keep my eye on Cleveland if they can't get a solid 3 point shooter anywhere else. I know Redd is talking about staying in Milwaukee now

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he might end up in Philadelphia.
I really don't want him to end up in another team in our divison though. We always get burned by our old players.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Larry Brown likes him. Wherever Larry coaches next season could be a possibility.

Jersey wants Abdur-Rahim. If they can't land him with the MLE, Donyell could go there. They really need a PF.

Miami remains a possibility. He'd sign for less to play there, but I suppose many players would, especially if they win the title.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speedythief said:
Jersey wants Abdur-Rahim. If they can't land him with the MLE, Donyell could go there. They really need a PF.
I highly doubt Jersey will be able to lure SAR in with the MLE. That's far less than half of what he's making now. That's why it's looking more and more likely that they'll look Marshall's way this off-season.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
my guess is new jersey for the full MLE. no teams need a power forward more than them and therefore not many teams will be offering much more than that. it's a decent situation (VC, Kidd, and RJ) where he'll get playing time.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Like the recent articles stated, the two teams that I can see Marshall playing for next year are the Sixers, and the Bulls. I think the Sixers, because it is where he is from, and the Bulls because he believes they are still an up and coming team with room for a solid vet. Also, I am pretty sure that the Spurs will make Marshall an offer. It may not be written in stone, however I do believe that they are a possibility as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts