Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he currently leads the league in points and I beleive he is younger than Malkin, and Ovechkin
Of course we are only about 12 games in

BTW my top 6 is
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Crosby
4. Datsyuk
5. Kovalchuk
6. Semin
Russian Pride!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow I just realized there hasnt been a post here since June, cant beleive nobody cares about Hockey its a great sport

1. Basketball
2. Football
3. MMA
4. Hockey
5. Baseball

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
If he played in a Canadian city or one of the American cities that actually follow hockey (no offense) we would hear about him a lot more and his name would come up more often in these type of discussions. I can see him being a Top 10 player in this league though given a couple more years. The Kopitar-Doughty combo is a great one to build around.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I don't really follow hockey as much as my Canadian roots say I should, but I still enjoy it. But to my knowladge the Thrashers are garbage so the only time I catch a game is to watch one of the top tier teams come in and stomp on them. It's a fine sport though.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Your Thrashers should be playing in Winnipeg my friend. A Winnipeg radio station called some store or something in Atlanta and they were talking to this guy about hockey and this guy had absolutely no clue what the Atlanta Thrashers were and had zero knowledge on the sport of hockey. Its a joke places like Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Nashville and Phoenix have NHL teams and hockey loving places such as Winnipeg, Quebec City and Hamilton dont.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Wouldn't suprise me. I probably know three hockey fans and they all are from the north. It's just a total nonfactor down here. I'd be pissed if I lived in a hockey crazed place and were without a team because a city like Atlanta is a bigger market.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Wouldn't suprise me. I probably know three hockey fans and they all are from the north. It's just a total nonfactor down here. I'd be pissed if I lived in a hockey crazed place and were without a team because a city like Atlanta is a bigger market.
Welcome to Winnipeg.

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts
Bettman needs to figure out that the Sun Belt is kind of a tough place to market hockey. Move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg, and maybe they will shut up about moving the Blues out of St. Louis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts