Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably in the wrong forum, I think should be in the forum for stuff other than basketball. But seeing as this forum gets considerably more traffic than the other, I'll put it here, and another moderator can move it if they feel it's necessary.

Anyway, where did you come from? Where did you post before here? How'd you hear about this site?

I'll start. I am from NBADraft.net, and was a long-time moderator. The board got kinda spammed with ads for this site, so eventually I gave in and came to check it out. Turns out, it's MUCH better than what we had going over at draftnet. Draftnet's forum was GREAT about a year and a half ago, but then a couple of the best posters left, and it all went downhill from there. It got to where now there's 10 full pages of garbage to sort through every day if you want to read anything good, whereas it used to be a page or two a day filled up, everything good. So I'm taking my business here, and trying to come up with a great goodbye message for draftnet and somebody to take over running that forum full-time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My Story...

Basically the same as yours...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I came from another message board place. I still go there, but now I also spend some time here.

I don't think it's a problem that I post at more than one place. I can understand if someone wants to be loyal to a particular place. That's fine. What I don't like is when someone feels such a slavish connection to one place that the person insults other boards, and posters who go to those boards. After all, what is the harm in existing peacefully on more than one discussion area? There is none. Yet there is harm when someone insults others.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
One word for you Silk...what?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
nbadraft.net

Devestata told me about this site about a week ago, and I've used it ever since. NBADraft.net is good though.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Well I guess from my mothers...:D,
I came from the espn boards, but didn't post there (only watched what other people were posting), I have been seraching for a Basketball site to post but coulndn't find anything until someone posted this site there and I clicked on it and...

Well here I am.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Fanhome, long ago. Then it became a bunch of Mods trying to babysit which seemed like a group of 13 year olds. Which sucked for the good posters who were getting talked down to like they were the 13 year olds.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I came from the ESPN boards where I got BANNED,cuz of Derek Wong Jr. and John Rocker!If you've been to the espn boards u know who those FOOLS are!:upset:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Fanhome, I left there because this place looks way better and can only handle one forum because I also visit soccer forums so I keep one message board for each sport and I chose this place.

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
I was also a fanhome member and I got a private message telling me about this place, so I checked it out and I liked it. I post on both boards now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I came from nbadraft.net, but now that forum sucks, mothing but garbage and scrubs post there, we just need to bring z6 and pimpsycollins$$$ in here to make this site the best.

- hey coolhandluke, how can I change my avatar, your's is pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ruben...

Go to USERCP and go to Edit Options at the bottom you cna change your upload one.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by Jason Caffeine
nbadraft.net
until i got banned by the power-happy admins who banned me for calling some guy an idiot when his nick was Idiot.
lol.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jason, who banned you? I'm supposedly the head honcho over there, but I don't even VISIT the forum any more, it's so helpless. There are a couple posters there I'm trying to bring here, and then that place is as good as done. And who'd you post as at draftnet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new here...just finally got here today, but got the tip from "Truebluebullsfan". He came across a site that I help to administrate at www.windycitysports.net which is a site dedicated to Chicago sports. He dropped the line and I finally had a chance to check this place out. And I am HIGHLY impressed with the stuff here. Totally totally cool.

I also post at Fanhome, though not as much on the basketball boards as much as the baseball and football.

But hope to stick around here for a long time to come!

GO BULLS!!!!!!

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Moderator dont delete the site medictj put on. Ron agreed he could a few weeks back. A link exchange.

I came from realgm thanks to Ron posting. Im not like some people who get offended by people offering another place to post. I think this site could be one of the best on the internet. I post also at espn, fanhome(was banned for a pm!!) hoopsworld, medictjs site, chicago tribune, clutch city, indy star, bullsnews.com,worldcrossing at various bulls sites. inside hoops. No i dont have a life. lol. Im disabled. Not helpless but cant get a round like i used to. Might as well talk about the nba and the bulls!!!

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
yahoo...i'm in a nets yahoo group and my profile lists two of my interests as the new jersey nets and mike bibby. i would have jason kidd on my list too, but yahoo doesn't even have a interest list for jason kidd!!! :upset:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts