Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a somewhat promising start in the game against Algeria, which has been thoroughly analyzed in another thread, Jay Williams has all but disappeared in the World Championships, scoring 2 points on 1 for 3 shooting in only 9 minutes of play in the last three games combined.

I've been doing work while watching the games, and had the sound turned down for much of the time, so I have heard very little from the Czar and company. Is the hip hurting? Is Pierce just playing too well to sit him down? Is it just the fact that Jay is a rookie and isn't getting minutes on this team of vets who are playing well? What's up with Jay on Team USA?:confused:

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's definitely the rookie thing. Karl said at the beginning Jay was an insurance policy.

If you are the coach, and the USA team has a streak of never losing with NBA players to an international team, then you can bet he is not going to give rookies much time unless they are totally dominant or the team is up by 50 points. There is way too much at stake!

I would like to see Williams get the time, but I understand the motive behind it.

He will get the time in the next international competition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts