Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The great part is its by our old buddy Skip Bayless. I wondered where that knucklehead went...

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Skip Bayless also campaigned for the Bulls to draft Diop last season. In fact, he wrote a whole front page column lambasting the Bulls for not picking him and taking Curry and Chandler. Yikes.

Nice to see he got another job though. He a nice guy, just not very bright when it comes to sports.

VD

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by DSB
The great part is its by our old buddy Skip Bayless. I wondered where that knucklehead went...
The irony is that a buddy and I were just talking about Bayless the other night. He does quite a bit of writing during football season on the 49ers. I read one of his columns just before the game against the Bears in which he continued to lambast the organization. He was against them picking Mike Brown in the second round, said he was too slow and undersized. He said the A Train was a terrible 2nd round pick, again he said he was too slow. And he ripped on the Bears picking David Terrell. He wanted the receiver the Seahawks picked right after the Bears selected Terrell (the guy had all of about 20 catches last year). Anyways, all 3 guys were very instrumental in the Bears come from behind win. I emailed Bayless and really gave it to him. To my surprise, Bayless responded to my email and was very gracious. I gained a whole new respect for Ol' Skip as his response was very classy.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the guy...

But wow. He doesn't sound incredibly intelligent.

The one thing he got right is that Jay Williams is one of the surest things in the draft. He IS really quick (not quite Iverson quick), he IS really strong (according to SUS's summer league observations... Baron Davis likeness appropriate here) and he IS really fearless (Williams doesn't hesitate to make a bold move, but I think it will take a bit of experience to call him "fearless" a la Kidd and not "reckless" a la Larry Hughes... it didn't happen overnight for Kidd either, after all).

Other than that, I was almost enraged that I didn't follow a journalism path in college that would have allowed me to write as a sports writer.

But that's what these boards are for, eh? To let the sports writer in us all come out and be free? :D

Anyway, Williams is good stuff and I'm glad we have him, and not GS. Although I think he's underrated Dunleavy a bit... there is a dropoff after Williams, but Dunleavy will make a larger splash than expected, I believe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skip used to work for the Tribune, but more tellling he covered the Dallas Cowboys before that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts