Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to garner some opinions on which bulls people think will break out this year and why?

I think Curry and Chandler are still to young.

I'm leaning towards Hassel or E-Rob.

I think E-Rob is the most likely given his athletism and his already had exposure to the NBA.

Hoping he can get 33 minutes 18 point 7 rebounds and play solid D.

Hassel has a fair chance as college players tend to make the most marked improvement in their second year in the league. Just think he might not get much playing time (Fingers crossed as at least we'd get rebounding and D at SG).

I'm discounting Fizer as I can't seem him improving his D and Rebounding enough.
Crawford I think still is a year away (If he could get a full year of NBA experience under his belt it would do him the world of good given his lack of college and NBA experience)

Just my thoughts.
Please share yours.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
i'm very certain that Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall will be productive this season

I also believe Fizer will continue his productive ways.

I am not at all certain (but very hopeful) for eveyrone else on the roster.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think a lot of our guys can have a breakout year if given the opportunity. ERobb can easily average 15+ppg 6rpg if given around 30 or so minutes per game and enough touches.
We all know what Fizer can do if given enough minutes and touches. The guy averaged 12ppg in 25 mins or so last year. Defensively and rebounding wise, they may not be that great. We have to deal with it. I dont' know if they will ever be good.

Anyway, one player that i really like seems to be ready to have an improved season. His name is EDDY CURRY. The guy has everything from starting to minutes on the court. He will not hvae to compete against anyone for minutes while Chandler has to against Marshall and Fizer. Not only minutes, the guy has skills. Look at what he did in the summer league. This guy can average around 12 to 15 pts per game this coming season. He is 7'0 so i expect him to add around 8 rpg along with those pts. Plus, there is a lack of big men in the East so, personally, I expect him to make a name for himself.

As far as Crawford, I think he will get traded either this summer or before the trading deadline. Sorry JC, u were the future about 4 months ago, now u are the past.

As far as Hassel, I don't think he will improve much. He will not get more minutes than he did last year so i expect him to put up the same numbers.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Curry will score more than people think he will but his defense needs to improve.

Rose, Marshall will be the leaders. I think Williams will have a good season. Fizer will be good off the bench. Good meaning he will average double figures in scoring.

Question marks are Crawford and E rob. If both remain healthy they could really add to the over all performance of the club.

Hassell will be about the same. Solid.

I never mentioned Chandler because i don't think he will "break out." Not this year.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think Curry will bust out.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I am curious as to people's definitions or ideas of Busting out are?

Is it Points, Blocks, Rebounds, D?????

Just curious.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My definition of busting out goes back to Bob Love. Someone at the end of the bench who becomes an extra in a deal and winds up scoring 20 plus points a game for close to a decade. Most of our guys are going to get better for the next few years but I donlt see a bust out.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
by the end of the season, curry will be known as the best center in the east, and the third best center behind shaq and MAYBE kandiman(if he stays motivated)

everything is in place for curry to bust out this year, the minutes, the lack of competion at the Cspot, etc... curry has gotten bigger and stronger over the offseason, and he'l come into training camp well conditioned

like eddy's 2001 draft profile says.... "the only thing that can stop eddy curry is eddy curry"

he has all the tools, the year of expirience, he's ready to be known as a top 3 center in the NBA

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
btw... i disagree with eddy's rebounding being below average, he is a good rebounder, he just isnt as good as tyson, tyson is super-human when it comes to rebounding, he picks rebounds from the sky, you cant compare eddy and tyson's rebounding numbers and conclude that just because tyson rebounds more then eddy, that eddy isnt good at it, eddy IS a good rebounder, tyson is just not natural, he's a freak

if you give eddy 35mpg, he will pull down 7-9 boards per game

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would define breaking out as being in consideration for the Most Improved award.

Also I tend to agree that people bag curry's rebounding and shot blocking due to chandlers numbers

Especially curry's rebounding

4.8 rebounds 1.31 blocks in 19.6
vrs
3.8 .74 in 16

curry's rebound is comparable for the minutes
and chandler is just a shot blocking freak.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
by the end of the season, curry will be known as the best center in the east, and the third best center behind shaq and MAYBE kandiman(if he stays motivated)

everything is in place for curry to bust out this year, the minutes, the lack of competion at the Cspot, etc... curry has gotten bigger and stronger over the offseason, and he'l come into training camp well conditioned

like eddy's 2001 draft profile says.... "the only thing that can stop eddy curry is eddy curry"

he has all the tools, the year of expirience, he's ready to be known as a top 3 center in the NBA
If Kandiman is the 2nd best center in this league then this does not say a bunch about the state of the league

I'm not swigging the Eddy kool aid with the same degree of gusto

Look for Eddie Robinson to start earning his dough

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can't see a 19 year old becoming the 3rd best center in the NBA.

I do expect him to improve quite a bit though.

He is a poor rebounder for his size at this point. Didn't he average only 8 rebounds or so a game in his last high school season? He was rebounding less than some of our guards in the RMR.

And I wouldn't call Chandler "super human" when it comes to rebounding. He certainly is an incredible athlete who bounces up and down like a pogo stick, but that frail body gets him pushed out of the way many times.

Chandler looks to me like a candidate to lead the league in shot blocks and become a dominant defender when he gets more experience and puts on a few pounds.

The bottom line is, for the Bulls to become a contender both Curry and Chandler must become monsters who intimidate on the "defensive" end of the floor. Shot blocks, dominant rebounding, physical play, aggresiveness. That is what the Bulls entire future is resting on at this point.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I think the two players who are most likely to "bust out" this year (and by bust out I mean show a marked improvement over last season or prior seasons #'s) are Jamal Crawford and Eddie Robinson. Crawford has JWill to push him, Crawford is ready to show that he belongs in the NBA. E-Rob, is suppossedly hitting the weights and working out hard, first player in the Berto every morning. Plus, E-Rob will be pushed by Marshall. Both of these guys have skills, it sounds like they are preparing, I think they will both bust out!

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sinkingship</b>!
I can't see a 19 year old becoming the 3rd best center in the NBA.

I do expect him to improve quite a bit though.

He is a poor rebounder for his size at this point. Didn't he average only 8 rebounds or so a game in his last high school season? He was rebounding less than some of our guards in the RMR.

And I wouldn't call Chandler "super human" when it comes to rebounding. He certainly is an incredible athlete who bounces up and down like a pogo stick, but that frail body gets him pushed out of the way many times.

Chandler looks to me like a candidate to lead the league in shot blocks and become a dominant defender when he gets more experience and puts on a few pounds.

The bottom line is, for the Bulls to become a contender both Curry and Chandler must become monsters who intimidate on the "defensive" end of the floor. Shot blocks, dominant rebounding, physical play, aggresiveness. That is what the Bulls entire future is resting on at this point.
Nice post!!! I agree with all of it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts