Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think LaMarcus Aldridge, he was injury in the last part of the season but i think he will work himself into a top 5 pick by next season.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Sammy Mejia, Ronnie Brewer and Allan Ray will prove to be first round players next year. Possibly Courtney Sims.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Corey Brewer, Florida. I love his game, he should score more with Lee gone and Roberson maybe declaring.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
HKF said:
Sammy Mejia, Ronnie Brewer and Allan Ray will prove to be first round players next year. Possibly Courtney Sims.
Mejia was going to my choice. If he ever got rid of those headaches he might be one of the best slashers in the country.

Sims has the ability to be an NBA post player in the future but he needs to keep his head in the game. Too many times did he look like he wasn't paying attention and started settling for jumpers.

The other name I would add is Dion Harris. If he develops next year like he did the last two seasons, he might continue the long list of Mr Basketball Michigans who make the NBA.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Guys that I think will break out:
DeMarcus Nelson - he'll be their #2 option.
LeMarcus Alderidge - if he can get his frail body healthy
Josh Shipp - he just got down to 215 or so at the end of the year
Chris Rodgers - he's finally going to start
Shannon Brown - he's going to be "the man" next year
Denham Brown - next year is do or die from Brown's NBA hopes IMO
D.J. White - he reminds me of Eddie Griffin without an outside shot
Brandon Roy - although he's been so consistent, he can't really "break out"
Sean Williams - he shows flashes and he's huge
Ekene Ibekwe - he just knows how to score
Torin Francis - he's a headcase...maybe over the summer he'll get his head on
Brandon Heath - he had a good year, but he's on the radar now
David Paggett - Pitino can work wonders...Paggett is at UL now right?

Guys that I think will not: a few people think will but I don't
Maurice Ager - I like him, but he's a 6-3 SF
Mustafa Shakur - he's a lost cause, no feel at all, and he's a PG
James Augustine - everyone thinks he will, but he's too consistent to
Shavlik Randolph-talk about a legacy scholarship, he's a scrub if Duke had bigs
Hilton Armstrong - a shotblocker but nothing else
Courtney Simms - see above ;)
Aaron Brooks - he's the most over-rated PG in the NCAA

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I've said before that I think Brandon Roy (SG) and Bobby Jones (SF) will play in the NBA. I think mostly because they get out and defend people. They are so athletic, that even if their offense doesn't translate to the pros (I think Roy's will), they will be terrific defenders on the pro level.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
TheGoods said:
Guys that I think will break out:

Maurice Ager - I like him, but he's a 6-3 SF
Did you miss the game last night? He was attacking the fast break and putting the ball on the floor against UNC's guards. His ability to get out on the break actually had the Heels reeling there for a little while. I dont see how anybody could call him a WF after last night. A WG all the way.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
HKF said:
I've said before that I think Brandon Roy (SG) and Bobby Jones (SF) will play in the NBA. I think mostly because they get out and defend people. They are so athletic, that even if their offense doesn't translate to the pros (I think Roy's will), they will be terrific defenders on the pro level.
I like Roy's game also. There aren't many people who can creat offense (for himself or others) in the midrange area like he can. If he could only shoot a bit better from the outside, I think he could go in the mid-first next year. I am still in wait-and-see mode with Jones. It could be tough for him to break out with Martell Webster coming in, although it's obvious to me that Jones is going to surprise everybody and keep his starting spot over Webster next season.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
The Whole Oregon team should breakout considering they were all Fr and Soph. minus one JR bench player. Chamerlain Oguchi,Malik Hairston,Bryce Taylor,Maarty Luenen, and Rey Schaefer all should up their play.

Gabe Pruit was solid last year but I believe the PG from SC will be great in 06.
DJ White- At the end of the season he showed why he was so hyped up before the season started
Shannon Brown-Finally started to live up to his McD AA status this year, will be much better next.
Leon Powe-The PF was Cal was an absolute beast in 04 as a FR.,but was hurt all of this year. If he returns healthy, he could be an AA.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Marvin Williams - if he returns, he will own college basketball
Hassan Adams - with Salim and Channing gone, he will be the go-to guy

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Jonathan Watters said:
I like Roy's game also. There aren't many people who can creat offense (for himself or others) in the midrange area like he can. If he could only shoot a bit better from the outside, I think he could go in the mid-first next year. I am still in wait-and-see mode with Jones. It could be tough for him to break out with Martell Webster coming in, although it's obvious to me that Jones is going to surprise everybody and keep his starting spot over Webster next season.
Jones is a senior next year and has been terrific for 3 years for Romar. Do you really think Romar will bench him? Not gonna happen at all. Jones is their glue guy and leader. He will be starting.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
The Whole Oregon team should breakout considering they were all Fr and Soph. minus one JR bench player. Chamerlain Oguchi,Malik Hairston,Bryce Taylor,Maarty Luenen, and Rey Schaefer all should up their play.

Gabe Pruit was solid last year but I believe the PG from SC will be great in 06.
DJ White- At the end of the season he showed why he was so hyped up before the season started
Shannon Brown-Finally started to live up to his McD AA status this year, will be much better next.
Leon Powe-The PF was Cal was an absolute beast in 04 as a FR.,but was hurt all of this year. If he returns healthy, he could be an AA.

Malik was a great player in high school but I wouldn't be suprised if he went pro this year or next. He wanted to come out after high school but he couldn't get a lock from any team.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Jonathan Watters: Ager played well, but he's only played that well recently and I don't see him keeping it up without Hill, Torbert and Anderson to stretch the D. I don't think he will "break out" for the simple reason that, he would have to become the team leader or at least a team focal point. But Davis and Brown are going to be the main guys next year. We'll see though. Mainly, Ager's lack of ballhandling skills limits him.

Someone mentioned Leon Powe, he's still rehab'ing his 3rd (maybe 2nd but I'm pretty sure 3rd) major knee injury...his knees don't have cartillage anymore and his ligaments are silly string.

BTW kamego, Malik Hairston was too young to declare for the draft last year, even with parental consent (he turned 18 in Feb). He does everything well, but nothing great...his only issue is his size (he's listed at 6-5 but he's about the same size as Josh Shipp whom I know is 6-3). Hairston reminds me of a young Doug Christie, and IMO that's a good thing. He may get better at one thing (like shooting), but right now I see him as a solid all around guy, but unspectacular. I didn't add him to my list since I don't think he's going to improve much with Brooks holding the ball. If he played more point though, I'd put him on my list...It's amazing how much of a leach Brooks is, when you consider so many people think he's great (there are 2 backups in the Pac-10 I'd take over him, Rodgers and Bozeman).

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
TheGoods said:
BTW kamego, Malik Hairston was too young to declare for the draft last year, even with parental consent (he turned 18 in Feb). He does everything well, but nothing great...his only issue is his size (he's listed at 6-5 but he's about the same size as Josh Shipp whom I know is 6-3). Hairston reminds me of a young Doug Christie, and IMO that's a good thing. He may get better at one thing (like shooting), but right now I see him as a solid all around guy, but unspectacular. I didn't add him to my list since I don't think he's going to improve much with Brooks holding the ball. If he played more point though, I'd put him on my list...It's amazing how much of a leach Brooks is, when you consider so many people think he's great (there are 2 backups in the Pac-10 I'd take over him, Rodgers and Bozeman).
Malik Hairston will be going pro this year or next none the less. Like Garcia form Louisville, he will try to help his family out. I always that his high school teammate Joe Crawford was a better player but it looks like Joe can't keep his head in the game. (The whole transfer mess was horrible)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Reyshawn Terry

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Malik Hairston, David Pendergraft, Jose Marie Altidor-cespedes, Josh Heytvelt, Leon Powe, Aaron Bruce.....

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Looks like we have a long list of guys. To bad I haven't heard much about some of these guys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts