1 - A player records a quadrouple(sp?) double
2 - A rookie wins MVP honors
3 - The NBA's leading scorer will also lead the league in FG%
4 - An Eastern Conference team will sweep the finals

eh?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
These are some hard choices, but imma go with #1.. Duncan came close to a quadrouple double last year in the finals.. And the way KG is playing, you never know ;)

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I say number three, who knows, if Eddy Curry can finally develop into the "baby shaq" he is seen as then I don't see it being out of reach.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
A player records a quadrouple(sp?) double The most likely to happen with the talented superstars we currently have: KG, Duncan, T-Mac, Kobe, Kidd, Pierce, etc...

A rookie wins MVP honors There would have to be another Lebron James who plays spectacular right away and can lead a succesful team.

The NBA's leading scorer will also lead the league in FG%
Shaq would be most likely to do this but he needs to stay healthy and how many more years does he have?

An Eastern Conference team will sweep the finals
There's just too much dominance in the West right now to see this happening anytime soon...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Definitely #1 in my mind. It only requires KG or TD having a huge game, where the other ones take more than one good game to happen. Anything can happen in one game.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think Kirilenko could get a quadruple-double on any given night.

I think it will be a very long time until a rookie wins the MVP. They would probably have to be an extremely talented player who likely went to college for at least a couple of years.

A player leading the league in scoring and FG% could happen w/ a player like Shaq; dominant big man who stays in the paint and converts.

I think it would be probably 5 years before we can think of an East team sweeping the Finals. The Lakers, Spurs, Kings, and Mavs will be very good a long time.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!
Definitely #1 in my mind. It only requires KG or TD having a huge game, where the other ones take more than one good game to happen. Anything can happen in one game.
Great point. Somebody could get a quadruple double tomorrow night, you never know. There's usually some crappy big men or Shaq on top of the list for FG%, and anyways, with AI and T-Mac scoring as much as they are, #3 seems unlikely. I highly doubt a rookie will even be considered a candidate for MVP for a very very long time. And the West is just too good to be beat in my opinion, let alone be swept. So I'd have to say the quadruple-double will happen first.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
#1 happened last in 94 (Robinson)
#2 hasn't happened since 60s (Oscar and Wilt don't remember who did it last)
#3 happened in 2000 (Shaq)
#4 would just be forecasting and right now doesn't look like it will happen for at least 3 years

·
Registered
745 Posts
#1 most likely
#3, Yao Ming might do it in a few years
Rookie wont win MVP unless they change rules for drafts and players can't leave til after junior season and even then its not likely.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I think Kirilenko could get a quadruple-double on any given night.
I second that, AK-47 will definetely get it first, maybe this season...

·
Registered
535 Posts
In this order

4- Pacers, next year
1. KG sometime soon
3. Also could be KG or Duncan, maybe Carmelo
2. no idea, maybe LeBron if he REALLY picks his stats up

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Garnett and Kirkliano would probably be best bets for a quadrouple double. Tim Duncan only averages a little over 3 apg... and even though Kirkliano's apg is around the same I would still expect him to have a better chance at getting a quadrouple double with steals, points, rbs, and assists than duncan getting it with rbs, points, blocks and assists.

But far and away I would guess Garnett is the first to acheive one.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
i do beleive ak47 could have blocks added to the possible equation of achieving a qaud-double, the guys got the wingspan of a condor

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>b-diddy</b>!
i do beleive ak47 could have blocks added to the possible equation of achieving a qaud-double, the guys got the wingspan of a condor
Yea... that is true

When i first saw the guy play in summer league I thouht i was witnessing the recomming of inspector gadget

1 - 20 of 27 Posts