Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
God
2,742 Posts
Calgary.

In the new NHL, Vancouver on paper have the better defense then Calgary, but the flames have the most mobile defense out of the 3. If you're defense can move the puck it gives you that much more chance of winning. They also have alot of top notch guys who can score.

Vancouver is not far behind though, and as long as they have Nusland, Bertuzzi, Morrison and the Sedin's, they'll always be up there.

But i really like the Flames' squad this season.

Reactions: casebeck22

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Flames, they have the best Goalie and best Player out of the three in Iginla and Kiprusoff and I'd probably take Phanuef over any Defenceman then the other two teams have to offer.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The canucks hands down

The flames come a close second with a strong defence and great goaltending but offensively the flames depend way too much on Iginla to produce and only score 2.52 gpg which is pretty weak. The Canucks have a solid goaltender in Cloutier (when he's heathly) and their top two lines are both strong.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Natedagreat12 said:
colorado :) their all in the same conference. COLORADO!!!! out of those three i would say vancover
lol yeah we own the Canucks so far this yr actually. 4-1 and won 4 in a row against them haha.

I'd go with Vancouver though as the best of these 3 though.

Reactions: casebeck22

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Calgary gets my vote. Simply the best lineup IMO.

Reactions: Dissonance

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
gotta be Calgary

Best Player in the League: Jarome
Best Goalie in the Division: Kipper

throw in *Regehr and Phanuef on defense and you have the best team.

*Edited because I'm an idiot.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Wink said:
gotta be Calgary

Best Player in the League: Jarome
Best Goalie in the Division: Kipper

throw in Redden and Phanuef on defense and you have the best team.
Redden?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
i say canucks with talent, but calgary with team chemistry.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would have to say that the Flames have better goaltending, Vancouver has better defence, and you could argue what team had better forwars for years on end...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vanouver should be better then Edmonton and Calgary. They have the best forwards and defensemen. The problem is they lack heart and the intensity that Calgary and Edmonton seem to have. Trust me, Vancouver has not been nearly as good as their record shows. I don't think they have played one solid 60 minute game. When it comes down to it, they aren't motivated at all, and maybe that is Marc Crawford's fault.

·
Registered
289 Posts
KidCanada said:
Vanouver should be better then Edmonton and Calgary. They have the best forwards and defensemen. The problem is they lack heart and the intensity that Calgary and Edmonton seem to have. Trust me, Vancouver has not been nearly as good as their record shows. I don't think they have played one solid 60 minute game. When it comes down to it, they aren't motivated at all, and maybe that is Marc Crawford's fault.
Very true, imagine if the Canucks had a coach like Mike Babcock. That would make the Canucks ALOT better... :banana:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cavs_Pimp said:
Very true, imagine if the Canucks had a coach like Mike Babcock. That would make the Canucks ALOT better... :banana:
I think Crawford is a good coach. But he is a coach that is very emotional(AKA he likes to yell alot), and after being behind the bench for seven years I wouldn't be surprised if the players are tuning him out. There is no excuse to keep coming out flat, especially against division rivals like Colorado. Just plain embarissing.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Crawford is a tool, Vancouver would easily be the best team in the league if they had Sutter as a coach. Look how well Flames preform, and the fact that what, in two years he has turned this team from being a constant fringe playoff team, to a bona fide contendor.
Sutter in the best coach in the NHL in my opinion.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
I'll go with Calgary.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
What more do you guys want? Canucks have the best record, most pts in the division as it is and are doing better than these 2 teams that are listed. None of this they should be doing better than Edmonton and Calgary. You can't ask for them to win every game. They lose because they're not the better team that night. Now I'm sure they don't have it every night but something has to be said that they're in first as I said. They won't win every game. And I don't buy they're not motivated enough or not playing the best they can because they're in first place. If it was really that bad they would have a below .500 record.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts