Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Which is your favorite version of Jordan?

• 1984-1993

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • 1995-1998

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • 2001-2003

Votes: 7 10.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I liked the 95-98 version. He relied more on smarts since he lost a bit of his athletic ability and proved to be successful. Also mastered the fadeaway during that time. That was sweet.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
I liked the 95-98 version. He relied more on smarts since he lost a bit of his athletic ability and proved to be successful. Also mastered the fadeaway during that time. That was sweet.
I chose 95-98 too.
He was just more of the complete player at this time there really wasn't anything he couldn't do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Considering I could care less if the Bulls won or lost, I chose 84-93 where he was more explosive and exciting, averaging 30-37 ppg those late 80's years.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I chose 84-93. 93 against the Suns was my favorite year. That was the pinacle. He still had the athleticism, but he also had his J...and I thought that year he won on pure guts. He looked exhausted all through the playoffs but brought it anyhow.

That was my favorite Jordan to watch.

But I think the second comeback jordan was the best jordan. That was Jedi-Jordan. He was out there beating people physically still, but more than anything he was out their beating them with his mind.

·
Registered
435 Posts
had he not retire for 2 season, then i would say 93-95 will be the prime of his career, he wasnt as skilled overall in 93 as he was in 95-98 and from 95-98 he wasnt as athletic as he was in 93, but in between he has it all, his best years should be from 93-95 where he was physically still at his prime and yet already master his jump shot.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
But I think the second comeback jordan was the best jordan. That was Jedi-Jordan. He was out there beating people physically still, but more than anything he was out their beating them with his mind.
:laugh:
Jedi-Jordan, good one.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I would have to go with the 95-98 Jordan. Just watching that perfect fade away jumper of his and seeing him do all the things he did at that age was just amazing. The game I remember the most was in the 97 Finals Game 5 against the Jazz when he was sick and he droped like 38. That performance was just wow..

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Give me the middle years of Jordan (95-98) because he was just so damn unstoppable during that time, and so were the Bulls. I think the Bulls could have won a couple more championships if they hadn't disbanded the team.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
2001-2003. Just kidding.

I enjoyed the 84-93 Jordan the most. But the Bulls were much more fun and cool to watch from 95-98.

As an individual player, there just hasn't been a show to match Jordan's NBA youth. It was one insane basket after another.

But, since Showtime, no team has been as great to watch as the 95-98 Bulls. Jordan and Pippen melded into one, insane destructive force on both sides of the ball.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A retired Jordan is the best!!!................................................ J/K

The second Comming 95-98 was the best in my opinion. He dominated with skill and intelligence!!!!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
95-98 jordan i njoyed the most....that fade away was so unstopable it was like a lay up for him..and the funny thing is that the defender knew he was going to do it but :no: they didnt succeed...Plus that Jordan was so determine to win(I'm not ? his will during the other periods I just feel as this one was the greatest) I can't imagine another player like MJ...he was the complete package...athletic skilled and strong minded

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
easily the '84-93 period. he was at his physical peak, and he put together the court sense and ability to make his teammates better. defensively, he was far superior in this period. he did more, was statistically far better. shot a much higher %.

he struggled more in the latter periods, and relied more on his true grit and will to win. but earlier jordan just demolished and dominated.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I like the old school Jordan because he was raw and frickin amazing. I would love to be able to play like that. The mature Jordan I can come closer to because I also play like Jedi. The younger Jordan just had so much raw ability that is it foreign to me and mesmerizing to watch.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
The first incarnation of Jordan, the skinny, high flying slam dunking superhero was awesome. But the second incarnation, the muscular, fadeaway jumpshooting, still dunk on you at will, nothing he can't do Jordan was unbelievable. I went with Jordan#2.

Its sort of like Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts