1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several-

Kareem: a sort of log of Kareem's final season with the Lakers

My Life: Magic's autobiography, good book and I'm sure every Magic fan owns it

Lakers A complete history: Up to midway of 94 season, bought it about 10 years ago. Has about one page summaries of every Laker season and short biographies on key Lakers. In the back it has career stats of all the Lakers and Laker milestones and records.

Shaq Talks Back: Entertaining book, Shaq speaks so candidly of his opponents.

More Than a Game: Book is mostly about the 00 run. Written by Phil and Charley Rosen. Rosen is a great basketball author, I recommend the "Cockroach Basketball Association" as well.

I plan on buying "Chick" soon and also will get Phil's latest book, "The Last Season" the day it comes out.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Kareem
Shaq Talks Back
My Life
Aint no Tommorrow
Mad Game (Kobe)
Close Two a Dynasty

Several biographies of Kobe and Shaq

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
I don't own very many books since I use my computer basically 24/7 and have a 4 lb laptop that I can use when I'm on the move. I have most of these books (My Life, Shaq Talks Back, Mad Game, etc.) in plain text format on my laptop.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
I don't own very many books since I use my computer basically 24/7 and have a 4 lb laptop that I can use when I'm on the move. I have most of these books (My Life, Shaq Talks Back, Mad Game, etc.) in plain text format on my laptop.
Where do you get that?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
"Chick", "Shaq Talks Back" and "More Than a Game". They're all very good books.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jamel Irief</b>!

Where do you get that?
You can buy what are called "ebooks."

Here is Amazon's section on ebooks. They never come in plain text format though. My guess is he downloaded them illegally.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pan Mengtu</b>!

You can buy what are called "ebooks."

Here is Amazon's section on ebooks. They never come in plain text format though. My guess is he downloaded them illegally.
Plain text format = word processor document. A simple copy and paste. Obviously that's not illegal, it's just much easier to read (for me).

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
October 21, Preorder here

One of the most successful coaches in the history of basketball offers his personal account of a season like no other-the extraordinary ride of the 2003-2004 Los Angeles Lakers.

From the signing of the future Hall-of-Famers Karl Malone and Gary Payton, to the intricacies of managing difficult relationships and public feuds, facing Shaq's injuries, contract disputes, and team meltdowns, all in the shadow of the Kobe Bryant trial-slash-media circus, Phil Jackson somehow guided his team through to its fourth NBA Finals in his five years as its coach.

With explosive revelations and never-before-told insights, Jackson brings to life this amazing season coaching a team as talented, and as troubled as any he's ever known.
From The Site Above

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Interesting cover on "The Last Season"...Devean George and Kobe Bryant are the only visible players on the front (the only players remaining from the Three-Peat).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts