Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so who is benefiting the most from the Olympic experience?

LeBron is not an answer.. he really can't benefit. He can only have his brand harmed by failure.
Manu is not an answer.. he's done all he can internationally, anything more is "meh."
Tony Parker is in the same spot as Manu - he's already done a tremendous amount for the French.
Kevin Durant already got his massive boost from the 2010 Worlds, no matter what he does he feels like an afterthought.
Kobe? **** Kobe, he can shit his pants and no one cares. He's Kobe.

SO... who benefits the most from this year's Olympic experience?

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
'Melo and Anthony Daivs. If someone says someone different then they're wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Definitely Anthony Davis. He reminds me a lot of Durant in 2008 when he was on the practice squad with small flashes of brilliance.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Uhhh... it is unquestionably Patty Mills. If anyone says different, they are crazy.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I say it's Patty Mills only because Kirilenko already got paid by the Wolves. Mills stands to make a lot of money off this performance.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Barbosa has been okay and he has no contract. Of course there isn't a lot of money left. Mills is with the Spurs I believe. He has actually played sporadically, and looked a bit too much like a SG in a PG's body.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Mills has signed with the Spurs already.

And an an Ozzie I think he was amazing but he really didnt get a chance to show how he could create for others. He is looked as a score first PG by too many executives I think.

I'll go with Davis.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I'll go with Davis.
Davis has shown absolutely nothing that everyone didn't already know about him. The experts were saying coming into the draft that he was the best prospect since Durant... better than Wall or Rose or Griffin. Has he been that good? Who knows. He's playing with all-stars. Patty Mills has been 10 times more impressive.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Anthony Davis should be the obvious answer but I also think Russell Westbrook has a chance to learn a lot

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
If we had Bogut and Irving we couldve made the last game a lot more interesting.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
But onto the question Davis even being around that caliber of player something will have to rub up on him for a rookie to be given this sort of treatment he is very lucky. (Having said that it didnt really help a guy who played with the Dream Team 92(and original) edition have a successful basketball career I suppose.

I do think though Kirilenko and Mills have the been the two to most raise their profile. But career wise Davis will learn the most from this surely from all the veterans teaching him how to play.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Yes Irving has said he will play for Team USA sadly for us Australians but I was just saying if we had him it wouldve been more interesting. No need to stockpile all the great players USA. Throw us a bone in Irving. Too bad for Irving actually playing for the Dream Team is one thing beating them is something else.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Pretty much.

One got redeemed and one gets to start his career watching/playing against the best in the world and emulating their training habits, plus a good base of contacts to talk to for advice if/when things get rough.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
On Irving. USA already have CP3, Rose and Deron is there any reason to keep Irving as well. Having said that I totally expect Irving to be one of the top 3 PGs in the league in 4 years time.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
On Irving. USA already have CP3, Rose and Deron is there any reason to keep Irving as well. Having said that I totally expect Irving to be one of the top 3 PGs in the league in 4 years time.
You pretty much cancelled out your first sentence with the second one man

1 - 20 of 32 Posts