• The Blazers Won't Make The Playoffs

Votes: 6 27.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Of These Three Teams.......

The Blazers are currently tied with Utah for 10th spot in the WC. Seattle is currently ahead of both of them in 9th spot.

OK, assuming the the Blazers can pass Seattle and Utah, they would still need to finish ahead of, either, Denver, Memphis, or Houston to grab that 8th, and final, Playoff spot.

Which of these 3 teams to you think the Blazers would have the better shot at passing?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting. From the HoopsWorld Rose City Report

...Obviously reaching the playoffs will be the dangling carrot that the Blazers will be chasing the second half of the season. The Blazers are finally showing signs that indicate they have the ability to put together a strong enough second half to do so. The problem is, they've dug such a deep hole that they are going to need a meltdown by one of the clubs ahead of them in the standings for the playoffs to be a real possibility.

Memphis, Houston, and Denver are the three most likely candidates to suffer such a fall. Unfortunately, each of those teams, barring a major injury, looks primed to continue the success that has gotten them in a position to make the playoffs in the first place. Even if the Blazers continue to play relatively well, they will be hard pressed to earn a playoff berth. More than likely, the playoff streak will be ending in 2004.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I voted for Houston. "Franchise" is overrated as a point guard and Yao Ming is simply not aggressive enough to be a real force. That's a team with little offensive identity and a couple of chuckers.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I have a feeling that neither the Grizzlies or the Nuggets will make the playoffs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I say memphis because I think they are not as good as they are playing... I think memphis does not make the playoffs...

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I think Denver drops out of the playoffs, but I don't think Portland gets that spot. I think Seattle and Utah are both better teams than Portland right now, and I don't think Portland will be able to pass them and reach the postseason this year.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

I think Seattle and Utah are both better teams than Portland right now, and I don't think Portland will be able to pass them and reach the postseason this year.
I can't say conclusively (that PDX is better than, either, Utah or Seattle), but I think we'll have a fairly good idea by the end of this week.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
rukah- are you CRAZY?

Didn't you watch the Blazers blowout the Jazz in their own building? How can you say the Jazz are a better team?

And you won't think the Sonics are better than the Blazers after today. I GUARANTEE the Blazers finish at least 5 games ahead of the Sonics by the end of the season.

I think the Clippers are better than the Sonics too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts