Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Unless something really crazy happens, it's pretty obvious. Miami, if not it would be Penn State. That just sounds odd to be saying right now.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Quite Frankly said:
IMPOSSIBLE to predict. The BCS is way out of wack, and there is no way it will determine who truly deserve it.
Not really, if Miami wins out and then wins ACC title game. After handing my Hokies their ***. No one would vote them below 2 if say USC lost. Remember the Harris Poll/Coaches poll have more sway than SOS and the computers.

Penn State is good but they got Michigan State coming up next. Who have fallen off the map.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Wait. So if USC loses a game (unlikely), then Miami should go to the Rose Bowl and not USC? They both would have one losses.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Remember what happened when the Sooners got rolled in the Big 12 championship game, they still went to the National Championship game. I doubt one loss knocks USC or Texas out at this point as they still would be the best 1 loss team in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
TheATLien said:
Wait. So if USC loses a game (unlikely), then Miami should go to the Rose Bowl and not USC? They both would have one losses.

If you lose late you shouldn't go to national title game. Simple as that. That was BS when OU lost and went especially getting killed. Voters would vote USC 3 which would be enough. USC doesn't have a sizeable lead. It will drop em. Miami lost early and would benefit from it which they should.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
kamego said:
Remember what happened when the Sooners got rolled in the Big 12 championship game, they still went to the National Championship game. I doubt one loss knocks USC or Texas out at this point as they still would be the best 1 loss team in my eyes.
They've tweaked the BCS to where this won't happen again. And reason why it did happen was OU had such a sizeable lead, unlike now USC doesn't have that big of a lead. 1 loss would knock them down out of the game. One reason, pollsters would put them lower than Miami which has more say than the computers did. Especially after what Miami did to my Hokies, they wouldnt have problem putting them 2. Besides, if USC loses to Frenso State (with 2 losses) or UCLA who got waxed by Arizona 52-14. They don't deserve to go. It's always been if you lose late, it hurts you more. It makes no sense if otherwise. It's a week to week basis. If you lose when you're supposed to be at your best why should you gain from it?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
dissonance19 said:
They've tweaked the BCS to where this won't happen again. And reason why it did happen was OU had such a sizeable lead, unlike now USC doesn't have that big of a lead. 1 loss would knock them down out of the game. One reason, pollsters would put them lower than Miami which has more say than the computers did. Especially after what Miami did to my Hokies, they wouldnt have problem putting them 2. Besides, if USC loses to Frenso State (with 2 losses) or UCLA who got waxed by Arizona 52-14. They don't deserve to go. It's always been if you lose late, it hurts you more. It makes no sense if otherwise. It's a week to week basis. If you lose when you're supposed to be at your best why should you gain from it?
It would depend on the computer polls. Your right the human voters would probally put Miami above a losing USC or Texas but that doesn't mean for sure they move ahead in the BCS itself. Anything can happen with those sweet computer averages

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
kamego said:
It would depend on the computer polls. Your right the human voters would probally put Miami above a losing USC or Texas but that doesn't mean for sure they move ahead in the BCS itself. Anything can happen with those sweet computer averages
The computers don't have that much say in it though to keep USC or Texas in it. It's like 1/4. Some computers have Va Tech ahead of Miami which is looney and it hasn't hurt them at all. I am sure that if voted 3 or 4, The Harris Poll/Coaches Poll would be enough to knock one of them out of it if they lost because it counts for so much as I said.

And with the pollsters having so much say, it defeats the purpose of having a BCS. It was designed to get the best 2 teams in case there were more than one undefeated based on who they have beaten. SOS used to have more say.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
TheATLien said:

Damn right. Either the Canes or Penn State.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Tennessee! SCREW YOU!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts