• Dwight Howard

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So your starting a franchise and the question is?

Which out of these big men would you want to have the most

Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry
Kwame Brown
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Can I choose none of the above ? :dead:

I notice all these players are on the east coast. And none of them has proven to play under the basket for a whole season.

I choose Chris Kaman or Chris Wilcox over all of them. Kaman works hard and hustles every minute. Wilcox does well with the little time he gets. I would start him over Brand, he has the size to play the big forwards of the west.

If I am forced, I pick Bosh. He plays now ,not in the future

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The whole point is that these guys have loads of potential, yet cant live upto it, so the question is who do you think will live up to the mosts of their potential.

For me, it came down to Tyson Chandler and Chris Bosh. I chose Chandler because of how he was dominating before he was injured and is a defensive beast

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
1. Chris Bosh
2. Eddy Curry
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Kwame Brown
5. Dwight Howard

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
1. Chris Bosh
2. Eddy Curry
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Kwame Brown
5. Dwight Howard
In that fashion, my picks would be

1. Tyson Chandler
2. Chris Bosh
3. Eddy Curry
4. Kwame Brown
5. Dwight Howard

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
I'd take Chandler over all of them. Hard worker, very very smart defender (and easily the best of the bunch listed), and I think in his prime he'll be able to put up 20 ppg. If he can stay healthy he'll be a very good big man.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theo4002</b>!
The whole point is that these guys have loads of potential, yet cant live upto it, so the question is who do you think will live up to the mosts of their potential.
This isn't just a question for theo4002, but for everybody that put Dwight Howard at the end of their list -- And I'm not trying to make any excuses for him but how can you place him at the bottom or question that he "hasn't lived up to his potential" when he hasn't played 1 minute of a NBA game yet. Just a suggestion, but theo4002 do you not think that you should see him play in a NBA game before you judge and say that Howard hasn't lived up to his potential yet.

I think that it's too early to judge on Howard, so out of the other 4 picks I'd choose Curry to build my franchise around and to have the greatest success because once the kid realizes (if he ever does) the physical gifts he's been given, and puts it together with some strong defense and his good post moves and dominates I think he'd dominate any of the other big men listed here.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I don't know what Howard is even doing in this poll. It's unfair to him to judge him before he even plays. Everyone will put him last by default.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The MAgiC</b>!
I don't know what Howard is even doing in this poll. It's unfair to him to judge him before he even plays. Everyone will put him last by default.
I agree. He hasn't played a minute of NBA ball yet.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd take Howard first actually. Kwame second. Chandler should be the first pick easily, but he's not lived up to his potential for too many years. I can't say he'd be my dynasty player with that detail.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Shouldnt Howard be 1st or 2nd?

I mean think about it.

You have the first pick in the draft and you are going to select Dwight Howard.

Washington calls up, we will trade you Kwame for Howard.

Response- Hell no.

Why? Because the book on these guys is already out.

Howard is probably not going to be any worse than Kwame, and he still has the chance to be something special. Because he has yet to play, while Kwame has played a few seasons and left a lot to be desired to say the least.

Kwame still has the potential to be real good, but right now, it aint looking real good.

And the following example holds for all the rest of the players in the poll.

Toronto might not trade Bosh, but all the other teams would trade their young guy for Howard.

Bosh because he developed so fast in his first season.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
It's stupid to say you can't judge a player's value before he's played a game. Old players, young players, rookies, future picks, everyone one of them is an asset in the league. You can judge them against each other, by asking yourself, would you trade them for each other.

If you guys were Chicago's GM, and you were offered Dwight Howard for Eddy Curry, would you say, "Um, well, uh, no, because Howard hasn't played a minute yet, so he's worse by default." If you said that, then you'd be fired this afternoon.

Anyway:

1. Kwame Brown
2. Dwight Howard
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Chris Bosh
5. Eddy Curry

I'm not as sold on Bosh as a lot of people apparently are, but all of these guys except Curry should at least be All-Star big men.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
1.) Dwight Howard (can rebound and defend right now)
2.) Chris Bosh (tons of upside, but like Howard more)
3.) Eddy Curry (still a chance)
4.) Kwame Brown (really needs to break out this year)
5.) Tyson Chandler (no back problems please)

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

1. Kwame Brown
2. Dwight Howard
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Chris Bosh
5. Eddy Curry
That's exactly how my list would look.

I think Kwame is going to be good. He's been extraordinarily inconsistant but still shows flashes of dominance at times, plus he is a good defender- and the important thing is, he's improved every year.

I've never seen Dwight Howard play, but he WAS the #1 pick and his value is still high.

Tyson Chandler next as he's the tallest of the bunch, the best rebounder, best shot blocker, and the best defender. Has to put on some weight before he can be a consistant offensive threat though.

Chris Bosh, good shooter and rebounder and can play in the post. Needs to put on some weight though.

Eddy Curry easily is the most talented out of all of these guys. He has some great post moves and great touch, but he is just a slug. Terrible defender, terrible rebounder, and no hustle. This guy couldn't even average 10 rebounds a game in high school. He is never going to get better in that regard. I really don't see the drive in him to make himself a better player and he never really starts to play well until Chicago is out of playoff contention.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts