Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are really so special in the league..
i really cannot find anyone in the league play the same style as they do,,,
any ideas?!

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I think Kirilinko and Marion could be compared. Each high rebouding small fowards with shaky outside shots. Kirilinko is a better defender, but they both get lots of blocks and steals as well as assists.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great comparison! Marion and AK47 have pretty much same weapons in both offensive and defensive ends. good post!!
thx!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
I think Kirilinko and Marion could be compared. Each high rebouding small fowards with shaky outside shots. Kirilinko is a better defender, but they both get lots of blocks and steals as well as assists.
I think Marion may be the closest player to AK. Matrix is more athletic, but AK is a little taller and is very long, which helps him create all of those turnovers. They are both very good on defense and rebounding. Now that Harpring is out, we'll see if AK can become the go-to guy on offense.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i compare MJ with ginobili? of cuz ginobili is not as good as mj
but their game has some similarities.
Amazing hoops, passer, moves....

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Ginobili is the closest thing to a Jordan/Kobe/T-Mac kind of shooting guard that has been produced outside of the USA. He's a lot different of course. But you can make the comparison.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>vanhill</b>!
They are really so special in the league..
i really cannot find anyone in the league play the same style as they do,,,
any ideas?!
the only one in the league right now can possibly draw to that kind of conclusion is "SHAQ", no one can play with his kind of style because no one has such a combination of athleticsm and strength, hands down, no comparison.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Not in the league now, but, in my opinion, Sean Elliott is a very close comp for Ginobili. A versatile, athletic swingman who's very good on defense. Not a superstar talent, but a very good player and a championship-caliber piece.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
Ginobili is the closest thing to a Jordan/Kobe/T-Mac kind of shooting guard that has been produced outside of the USA. He's a lot different of course. But you can make the comparison.
thats right, and chen hsin-an is the asian version of michael jordan, the dude try out for the nba summer league twice in a row but was unable to cut it, hes the closest thing in asia to michael jordan right now.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
doe anybody else see Tayshuan Prince/Ginobli comparison. Each tall for their position. Very good defenders. Rebound and pass well. Effective long range shots. Versatile...Ginlobli is of course better, but i think they play a lot alike

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
doe anybody else see Tayshuan Prince/Ginobli comparison. Each tall for their position. Very good defenders. Rebound and pass well. Effective long range shots. Versatile...Ginlobli is of course better, but i think they play a lot alike
I can sorta see it, but I don't consider Ginobili tall for a SG at all. I would say he is just the right height.

In my opinion, Ginobili is almost a new breed of player. He is so different from what we are used to getting from overseas. I think it's a beautiful thing and I hope to see more like him.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think a comparison for Manu could be Christie. They are about the same size, are good defenders, and have a balanced game.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Another comparison for Ginobili is Brent Barry. Brent's a better shooter, easily, but in terms of playmaking, athletic ability, energy, etc. I think they are a similar type of player.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Kirilenko reminds me of a young Pippen.
I absolutely hate this comparision. Pippen, in his day, was perhaps the smoothest perimeter player in the league. He was an excellent ball-handler and spent the majority of his minutes at the point.

Kirilenko just dosen't have that type of game. He dosen't move well enough... or perhaps he just moves differently. He can make some solid plays outside, and is a solid 3-point shooter, but most of his points come in the paint. He can't consistantly bring the ball up court or be put into a position where he's the primary ball-handler/playmaker... And those two aspects of his game are what makes Scottie a top 50 player of all time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts