Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just always wondered if anybody couldnt dunk in the league.

I dont really think boykins or bogues could dunk......What other players?

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Stockton sure can't when he was around
I've never seen Nash try to dunk, he's 30 now, so I'm not sure that he can...

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
Tryon Lue maybe

Boykins can, so he says
Boykins SAYS he can bench 350 pounds. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
:rolleyes:
Why not? Shorter arms means shorter way to bench the weight.

Why do you think that olypian weight-lifters are always short guys?

·
Registered
465 Posts
dan dickau, bryce drew probably can't, a guy like mark jackson or sam cassell can't probably no more

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
speedy claxton possibly?? certainly not saying that he hasnt done it, but i just never have personally. havent seen raul lopez dunk either, then again ive probably only seen 3 or 4 jazz games this year.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>7M3</b>!

Boykins SAYS he can bench 350 pounds. :rolleyes:
Don't be too quick to dismiss his claim.

Boxer "Sugar" Shane Mosley fights in the 154 lb class (junior middle weight) and his max is 350 on the bench. Of course, it helps that Mosley was on his high school weight lifting team and has lifted weights all his life. But little men often have better lifting technique than larger men. In fact, Mosley's old high school coach said Mosley could lift so much because his technique and form were flawless.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Kevin Garnett without a doubt. He couldn't dunk if his momma told him to.

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah I know, dumb joke.

I'm pretty sure that everyone in the league can dunk, or they could have dunked sometime in there illustriast career. (Just for reference, I probably spelled illustriast wrong.) Even Boykins. Even Dickau. Even Drew. I'm almost positive Lue can dunk.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MoJo8888</b>!
I just always wondered if anybody couldnt dunk in the league.

I dont really think boykins or bogues could dunk......What other players?
When bogues was younger he used to be able to dunk in practice.

·
Registered
465 Posts
claxton can actually dunk pretty good, if given the chance. and no, iwouldn't say guys like drew can probably dunk, not everybody has 30 plus verticals.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that every player under the age of 30 can dunk and that those over the age of 30 who can't anymore, could when they were younger. I'm 5-8 and I haven't worked out since I was a sophomore in high school and I'm now a sophomore in college. Over the summer, I attempted to dunk and I was about three or four inches away from being able to do it. These guys are professional athletes who work out like its their job because it is their job. You could probably count the nondunkers on your two hands.

A lot of guys don't because its hard to get up and back down and it hurts and it takes a lot of energy out of you. For some guys, its just not worth it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't think I ever seen Troy Hudson dunks.

I also don't seen TJ Ford dunk in the N.B.A. yet but I know he can. Cuz he did in college, anyways.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SilentOneX</b>!
I don't think I ever seen Troy Hudson dunks.

I also don't seen TJ Ford dunk in the N.B.A. yet but I know he can. Cuz he did in college, anyways.
TJ Ford just did an ally-oop dunk a couple of days ago. Check NBA.com for the video.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i disagree. if a guy cant jump it dont matter how much he works out, hes still only going to get a few inches more. and im talking about real dunks, not weak one handers they can pull off once in a while, trust me that 3 0r 4 inches from dunking is a big difference from a real dunk.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Nobody defined what dunk means in this context. Everyone can dunk just depends on what basket.

·
Registered
465 Posts
dunk on a legit 10 ft basket, with a legit dunk ie. hand and ball over rim and throwing it down.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was at a Orlando-Utah preseason game and after a foul was called Tyronn Lue had the ball and he dunked it one handed, with only like 1 or 2 steps. so he def. can

also Speedy Claxton has dunked in games before, nice ones too.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Nobody has mentioned Gary Payton? He's the first player that comes to mind about guys who can't dunk. And I really think he can't dunk either, and it's not that he just doesn't. I kind of remember him saying something about not being able to dunk either.

I think I remember seeing Speedy Claxton dunk last year for the Spurs.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts