Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked this same question by someone else, but we had very different opinions, so I'd like to know which of the following teams you think would win in a 5 on 5 game.

Team 1
Andrew Bogut
Wayne Simien
Ryan Gomes
Francisco Garcia
Deron Williams

vs.

Team 2
Charlie Villanueva
Chris Taft
Hakim Warrick
Danny Granger
Chris Paul

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My vote goes to team 1. Bogut is a great player that no one on the college level can really match up with. And as much as everyone loves Chris Paul, Deron Williams has shown me more. We all know Simien will outwork Taft all day long.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Team 2 would take team 1 apart. Simien, Gomes and Garcia are all slow relative to their positions, while team 2 is super-duper athletic. Bogut and Deron Williams may be the best individual players, but Granger, Villanueva and Warrick would dominate the guys guarding them. Simien and Gomes are second round material. Team 2 is entirely lotto or near lotto guys, but team 1 has two at the top, two 2nd rounders and a bubble 1st rounder... People underrate Granger badly. I'm hoping he drops to 11 or so (where the Clipps should end up). If Granger went to a big-conference school, he'd be a top 8 lock IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts