Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Twolves and Lakers are done. I am pretty sure that Suns are the #1. Which team Suns would love to meet in the playoffs if they have chance to pick?

Spurs, Sonics, Mavs, Kings, Rockets, Griz and Nugs.

Pick 3 teams for 1st, 2nd and 3rd round.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Ballscientist said:
I think Twolves and Lakers are done. I am pretty sure that Suns are the #1. Which team Suns would love to meet in the playoffs if they have chance to pick?

Spurs, Sonics, Mavs, Kings, Rockets, Griz and Nugs.

Pick 3 teams for 1st, 2nd and 3rd round.
I think the Nuggs in the first round. For one they haven't lost to them all year, for two the Nuggs recent winning streak is due to probably the easiest scheduling in the league (out of their last 11 games only 3 teams they played had a record 2 games over .500 with, which they lost to one of those 3 teams being the Suns, and 8 of those games were at home. Can't get much easier than that). A team led by one of the most unefficient players in the game (Anthony) hardly scares me at all.

If a miracle happens the Kings in the second round (however I really doubt the Kings are making it past the first round). If not the Kings than the Mavs. They're just a worse version of the Suns (they give up almost as many points and score about 7 less per game), I don't really see how they'd beat the Suns in a 7 game series.

Third round San Antonio. Duncan and Ginobili WON'T be 100%. How could they be after going through two rounds of the playoffs against tough teams (like the Grizz and Sonics)? That is if either player is playing at all. A Duncanless Spurs the Suns would mop the floor with. Even if both players do play it's only right the Suns beat the Spurs before heading to the finals, it'd be a final vindication and proof of how good they are.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
1st round- Nuggets
2nd round- Sonics- will have confidence vs. them
3rd round- Spurs (all the trash and taunting they were talking I know they want a shot at them) you have to beat the best to be the best

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
KidCanada said:
1st round-Grizzlies
2nd round-Kings(if they play dallas and beat them)
3rd round-Spurs(no choice on this one)

LOL...the Suns don't want to face the Grizzllies in round 1.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
MemphisX said:
LOL...the Suns don't want to face the Grizzllies in round 1.
Nor do the Suns want to face the Rockets or Nuggets, but they have to face someone, and they beat Memphis 2 out of the 3 games.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
tempe85 said:
I think the Nuggs in the first round. For one they haven't lost to them all year, for two the Nuggs recent winning streak is due to probably the easiest scheduling in the league (out of their last 11 games only 3 teams they played had a record 2 games over .500 with, which they lost to one of those 3 teams being the Suns, and 8 of those games were at home. Can't get much easier than that). A team led by one of the most unefficient players in the game (Anthony) hardly scares me at all.
man i hope the suns are uninformed and confident about the nuggets as you are. :clap:

·
Registered
427 Posts
tempe85 said:
If a miracle happens the Kings in the second round (however I really doubt the Kings are making it past the first round). If not the Kings than the Mavs. They're just a worse version of the Suns (they give up almost as many points and score about 7 less per game), I don't really see how they'd beat the Suns in a 7 game series.
That was the Mavs under Don Nelson, not under Avery Johnson. The Mavs now are playing with some real energy on the defensive end. This team will be a more physcial team in the playoffs compared to past years. Especially with Erick Dampier to hold down the middle.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Mavs41 said:
That was the Mavs under Don Nelson, not under Avery Johnson. The Mavs now are playing with some real energy on the defensive end. This team will be a more physcial team in the playoffs compared to past years. Especially with Erick Dampier to hold down the middle.
Not trying to sound contradictory but players don't suddenly become good defensive players just because the coach changes. And let me hear you say this... you would rather have a coach that has absolutely no head coaching expierence over a guy who has led his teams to 49 wins or more in 14 out of 26 seasons? Though I'm glad Johnson's impressive wins over Portland, Charlotte, New Orleans, and Golden State (which are all in the bottom 6 worst teams in the league) has given you enough confidence in his abilities.

·
Registered
427 Posts
tempe85 said:
Not trying to sound contradictory but players don't suddenly become good defensive players just because the coach changes. And let me hear you say this... you would rather have a coach that has absolutely no head coaching expierence over a guy who has led his teams to 49 wins or more in 14 out of 26 seasons? Though I'm glad Johnson's impressive wins over Portland, Charlotte, New Orleans, and Golden State (which are all in the bottom 6 worst teams in the league) has given you enough confidence in his abilities.
Well if you followed the Mavs as close as I do you would know what's REALLY going on. AJ has been basically the head coach of this team all year long. He's a perfect fit for this team because he's not an outsider. Has Nellie ever won it all? No, so don't make him out to be Phil Jackson. Tonight against the Kings will be his first game against a above .500 team. I expect to see them play a very solid game. Don't be surprised when the Mavs are making a run for the Southwest Division under AJ. Especially with Duncan out for the rest of the regular season.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts