Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knicks are obviously trying to trade them. I think its like impossible to trade either one of these two. Both are chucker, underachieved, high paid with multiyears left on their contracts. They are basically worthless or have negative value. Which team is willing to take either one of them? It is possible that they might stick with each other till one of the contract is over.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
wolves are pretty despirate for a true number 2 option to kg.
these guys are very far from ideal, but despirate times call for despirate measures

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
i do think marbury will be the one to go... where will actually take him im not sure.
i cant see them trading for francis and trading him this early afterwards

Reactions: bbasok

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Marbury will go to Minny..BOOK THAT! :banana:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
noone

·
Registered
19,436 Posts
Atlanta will probably draft a PG this year, so the yonly other team that needs a PG badly is Memphis. Speculation: Maybe Golden State. Davis isn't carrying the team, and they migfht want to try a PG swap.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
WTChan said:
Atlanta will probably draft a PG this year, so the yonly other team that needs a PG badly is Memphis. Speculation: Maybe Golden State. Davis isn't carrying the team, and they migfht want to try a PG swap.
they'll probably get rid of montgomery before they think about trading davis

·
Registered
233 Posts
Which team would want francis and/or marbury? A very desperate one or the one with a stupid GM.

But yes - Minny could do it and may do it, if they want to keep Garnett and make him at leas a bit more happy. The question is for who? I believe they like Banks, but will he like to be the second option again? Jaric? Perhaps, but the salaries do not match, and Wolves doesn't have many players to add to this trade.

·
We Warriors
15,608 Posts
We Warriors would trade Foyle/Dunleavy/Davis for Francis/Crawford/big man (Knicks are overpaid)

·
heatseeker
7,035 Posts
kochamkinie said:
Which team would want francis and/or marbury? A very desperate one or the one with a stupid GM.

But yes - Minny could do it and may do it, if they want to keep Garnett and make him at leas a bit more happy. The question is for who? I believe they like Banks, but will he like to be the second option again? Jaric? Perhaps, but the salaries do not match, and Wolves doesn't have many players to add to this trade.

Stupid GM = Mitch Kuptchack

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Stupid GM = Mitch Kuptchack
Nice try :) But again Lakers doesn't have the personell to make the salaries match. They won't part with Odom. The only idea is to sign Smush for a multiyear, multi$ contract and send him to Knicks for Stephon/Francis, but that's kind of unrealistic.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
y would minnesota want marbury for?

personally i want francis to go back to rockets, i felt sorry for him when they traded him for tmac

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
chn353 said:
y would minnesota want marbury for?
Despirate times call for despirate measures.
if they dont do something soon..... well theres only so much KG can take.
Marbury is a huge risk, but may be a risk that the wolves have to take

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
the crazy thing about these two teams is that they are so bad that ppl actually want marbury to go to minni even tho he was exhiled for being a cancer from there and 3 other teams.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
i dont want him there, i just have a feeling its gonna happen.
i guess there is only the hope that he realises that he would then have a chance to compete with the top teams alongside KG, and steps up his game.
if he can finally get his head anywhere near resembling sanity, he is still (well was) an all star caliber player on talent alone.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
my guess is marbury some combo(2 or 3 of the following) of their 2 1st rounders david lee , jackie butler and nate to twolves for hudson hassell jaric and the wolves 1st rounder .

francis for kenyon martin.

both denver and minny have expressed interest in those players.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Somehow,Isiah Thomas...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.