Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a baseball team out there that you want them to see lose all the time? Is there a team that just bothers you so much, you want to hurt that team? I am not talking about your least favorite team because most people whould choose the worse teams playing now. Which I am talking about are teams that you want to lose, you can not stand that team.

The team I am talking about is the New York Yankees. I do like the old school Yanks better than the George years. Their payroll is high as hell, Estimated around 150 milion. That is 100 million over the Royals. I do agree with teh Cleveland owner, saying about George Stienbriner. For example of losing money and spend more money than the team can afford just to beat the Yankees from not wining a champioonship is the marlins and D-backs. They bought their teams so the Yankeess could not win another title.

Baseball needs some ballance. This season, small markets are playing very well aka Expos, Twins, Seattle, Cincy, and recently the Royals. Besides the Roylas those teams coulld make the playoffs. (sorry forgot about Oakland). So I can not use the excuse that small markets can not win. True in teh regular seson they can, but when it comes to the playoffs, it is the teams that can afford to add on salary to add on that player they are missing. Aka Yanks suchs as Raul and Weaver (thought detrioit was stupid, Weaver was not macking to much to hurt detroit).

<b>Sorry I was not planning to vent from the above. I was just aksing fans here which team do you love to see lose all the time?</b>

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I don't really want to see any team lose, but I'm just tired of seeing New York win the title every year! Maybe it's the D-Backs who will be the next dynasty? I'll tell you one team I'm TIRED of seeing losing all the time is Detroit! They have a bright young talent in Pena, but trading Weaver was just STUPID! They deserve to suffer forever if they keep making crap trades...

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even though KC is at a run of the AL centralnow, and acutally palying the best ball over anyother MLB team now. They are going to make trades. Roberto and Nefi are good as gone. That right there is 8 million dollars. Glass ordered to cut from 50 to 40 million. Then most likley SUpp could be gone That is another 4.15 million. I think Knoublach is gone when he comes back this weekend. That is anotehr 1 million.

I just hope that they won't trade byrd. he wants to stay. if he wants to stay, than keep HIM. But watch they will trade him, and then try to re-sign him in the offseason. I think that very could work. Byrd said he would do that too. Unless he would be traded to like the Braves. he lives there now. The current rumor is Byrd for Marcus Giles. Giles is a good 2b.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by kansasalumn
Even though KC is at a run of the AL centralnow, and acutally palying the best ball over anyother MLB team now. They are going to make trades. Roberto and Nefi are good as gone. That right there is 8 million dollars. Glass ordered to cut from 50 to 40 million. Then most likley SUpp could be gone That is another 4.15 million. I think Knoublach is gone when he comes back this weekend. That is anotehr 1 million.

I just hope that they won't trade byrd. he wants to stay. if he wants to stay, than keep HIM. But watch they will trade him, and then try to re-sign him in the offseason. I think that very could work. Byrd said he would do that too. Unless he would be traded to like the Braves. he lives there now. The current rumor is Byrd for Marcus Giles. Giles is a good 2b.
Heh, why trade Byrd? He's an excellent pitcher, and Giles is still developing, but I guess KC has nothing to lose by waiting for him to develop. I agree with the rest...Suppan is good trade value right now...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't mind seeing Mets and Yankees lose all the time.

Mets are rivals of my fav. team and yanks are well Yanks !! :D

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by devestata
I don't really want to see any team lose, but I'm just tired of seeing New York win the title every year! Maybe it's the D-Backs who will be the next dynasty? I'll tell you one team I'm TIRED of seeing losing all the time is Detroit! They have a bright young talent in Pena, but trading Weaver was just STUPID! They deserve to suffer forever if they keep making crap trades...
Carlos Pena: Excellent first base prospect and potential all-star

Franklyn German: Closer with wicked heat

Jeremy Bonderman: Young stud pitcher that could end up being a #1

Not that 'crappy', in my opinion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yankees, i hate them, despise them, and quite frankly, i hope the whole team goes to the minors!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
And by the way Weaver has performed for NYY, he's made Detroit look genius so far for trading him, eh ? ;)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
devestata, why do you think it was a "crap trade?" I think they easily came out even, and if the two pitching prospects develop as expected, they could have come out WAY ahead.

Oh, and the team that I despise is the Yankees. Don't even get me started...

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so far the general response is the Yanks.

Hell ya. I hate the Yanks. Last WS I did not want either team to win b/c I do not care for the Dork backs either, but I had to rooted for them b/c I can not stand the yankers.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am a fan of Boston, Atlanta, SF and was a reds fan when I was a kid so I like to see Yankees and the Dogders lose. 0-162 would be the greatest season short of Boston winning it all.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The Mariners...go Angels!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts