Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to start any flame wars here, though it'll probably happen anyways, but its an actual question.

Which teams can you just not stand to watch when they're on TV?

I'll watch any game thats on usually, especially if there's nothing else on, but one team that just bores the hell out of me is the Sixers. I saw they were playin the Lakers tonight, which was mostly the inspiration for this question. I just can't stand watching them, I'm not sure why its them in particular, but I can't stand any of them.

I also used to not be able to watch Heat vs. Knicks games without falling asleep (not to mention they always used to be on tv?) but now both teams dont bother me as much, mostly cause of Dwyane Wade for the Heat.

Lastly, most Bulls game are tough to watch.
As much as Red Kerr is a part of the franchise as anything else, the announcing is fairly boring and uninspired, and usually the play is the same. :laugh:
Though they're my favorite team, so I watch them, but sometimes they tend to not be able to hold my interest.

What teams does it pain you to watch when they're on?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Most of the East coast teams are boring to watch.

·
Registered
452 Posts
most east teams...and the lakers if they're winning

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I can't watch the Hawks and the Magic.
Hawks because of boringness
Magic because T-Mac is too good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I avoid the Hawks games on league pass at all costs, and you couldn't pay me to watch a Bulls game. :sleep:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I get easily bored watching Philly and Boston for some reason. I've nothing against them, I just can't get excited about them.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well the only team i watch is the Toronto Raptors because usally every other night there is usally a hockey/Leaf game on(or wrestling)which i dont usally like to miss...on sundays ill usally watch WHICHEVER NBA game i can find

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The Celtics.

They just keep losing.

We got to enjoy two playoff runs and now all of the sudden the C's are rebuilding.

Hard to watch.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I'm really getting sick of watching the Warriors... where I live I get their local broadcasts, and I watch them sometimes just to see a basketball game, but their announcers are the most annoying homers ever. They do all the usual homer stuff...
Calling all the players by nicknames...

Getting excited when the home team makes a great play and then completely failing to react to a spectacular play by the opposing team. Someone on the other team will beat two guys and throw down a giant dunk and ten seconds later one of them will say, "That was a pretty nice dunk by so-and-so..."

They obviously think that they're fair, reasonable guys, but if you let them officiate a game it would be so one-sided that it would be a joke... sometimes a foul will be called against a Warrior, and they'll say, "I don't believe that was a foul, there is no way that was a foul.. that was a bad, bad call by the referees there, just bad." Then the replay shows it was clearly a foul... and they say, "Sometimes that should just be a no call. They don't have to call that every time. Let the players decide the outcome of the game." But if somebody touches a Warrior in any way and there is no call? "The referees are sure swallowing there whistles, aren't they?"

I hate those guys! And they have caused me to hate the team, too. Especially Jason Richardson. Guess what, he's becoming a better player. If you want to hear more about it for 48 minutes, watch a local Warriors game.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts