This is for the Nets,

remember Kidd, Jefferson, and Martin led the Nets to the NBA Finals twice

but

Jefferson, Carter, and Kidd haven't played together yet

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I'd rather have Kidd, Carter and Martin

But out of the two, probably Kidd, Jefferson and Martin because Carter and Jefferson I don't really see working, having two scoring wings doesn't always pan out

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
As much as I love Kenyon, I'll take Kidd, Vince, and RJ. People will assume that just because Vince and RJ are scoring wings that they will not work together. Both are very unselfish players. I can't wait to see the trio together.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Martin....

Need the big guy to win in the playoffs

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I haven't seen RJ and VC share the court yet. It helps that VC is pretty passive though as his base temprement, and Jason Kidd is a really good point guard.

The only way I'd take RJ, VC over RJ, KM is if the Nets have an inside prescence to rebound. I think the question is more nuanced than at first glance. The real question is, will the future nets team be better than the old nets team. And while I think they will, the question of whether that team will be able to get to the Finals in a strengthened East--leads me to think maybe the negative.

Long story short--I don't know.
Post padding.

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter are not at all similar players. RJ could score 20+ a game without a single iso play being run for him. He's an effective isolation player, but he's the type of guy that's just as happy playing off the ball, rebounding, catching oops, ect. In fact, with an offensive option like Vince, Richard will be freed up to focus more on his defensive game, which seemed so promising as a rookie, but has fallen off as he's been asked to shoulder more of the offensive responsibility.

I think the Nets of next year could very easily be a better team than the Finals Nets. The league hasn't seen a perimeter trio like Kidd, Carter, and RJ in quite some time, and Nenad Krstic is a load in the paint. Kid's 21, didn't know any English coming over, and he's putting up 10 and 5 his rookie year.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
With Krstic on the team, I'd take the far, far superior talent in Carter over Martin. Without considering Krstic, it becomes a little closer, but I'd still probably take the talent and go with Carter.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Kidd Carter Rj will go through a lot less scoring droughts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Kidd, RJ, Martin were a better core wrt/ potential playoff success. Martin ran roughshod over the front lines in the EC playoffs the last few years. However, a core of Kidd, VC, and RJ, depending on the players around them, has a much higher ceiling. We need big people, but VC is a top five scorer (or better) in the NBA. And he's willing to play within a system that shares the ball. That's a rare and valuable thing in the NBA. The Nets aren't there yet, but they could become a better team than they have been the past 3 years. Alot of it depends on Krstic's development and getting one more player on the front line.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Minstrel said:
With Krstic on the team, I'd take the far, far superior talent in Carter over Martin. Without considering Krstic, it becomes a little closer, but I'd still probably take the talent and go with Carter.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
wouldn't it have been possible for the Nets to have all four though?

kidd, jefferson, carter, and martin?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
KennethTo said:
wouldn't it have been possible for the Nets to have all four though?

kidd, jefferson, carter, and martin?
Nope, the Nets traded two of the draft picks they got from Denver for KMart to get Vince Carter.

I still think that Denver deal was highway robbery... THREE first round picks for Kenyon Martin(while he is good, he's not worth a max deal and 3 first round picks).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts