Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Here are some from another thread:

Martynas Andriuskevicius, F/C, Zalgris (Lithuania)
7-1, 230, 18 years old
Some scouts believe he is a better prospect that Tiago or Kosta. They say Aryvdas Sabonis is his personal mentor (not a bad teacher). Likely 2005 Draft.

Nemanja Aleksandrov, F, FMP Zeleznik
The facts: 6-11, 210, 16 years old
Scouts say he is the best prospect in Europe. Could be top 3 next year.

Manuchar Markoishvili, G/F, Benetton
The facts: 6-6, 190, 17 years old
2 GMs believed this kid was #2 Euro prospect last year behind Darko. Seems slow start has hurt his stock; they say he would still be a 1st rounder if declared this year.

Johan Petro, F, Pau Orthez
6-11, 220, 18 years old
Very athletic, but unpolished offensive game.

Dusan Sakota, SF, Panathinaikos
The facts: 6-11, 220, 18 years old
One scout called him a young Peja. A very good shooter.

Petro, Aleksandrov, Andriuskevicius, Peja Samardziski, Tahirou Sani, and Damir Omerhodzic are some of the big names for next year. Should Loul Deng stay in school, he could be a top 3 pick in '05.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
2 GMs believed this kid was #2 Euro prospect last year behind Darko. Seems slow start has hurt his stock; they say he would still be a 1st rounder if declared this year.
I gotta believe that Nikoloz Tskitishvili's poor NBA career will hurt Manuchar's stock.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nimreitz</b>!
I gotta believe that Nikoloz Tskitishvili's poor NBA career will hurt Manuchar's stock.
Well it's still a little early to call Skita a bust. Although he hasn't come along as fast as many would like, he still has big potential.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Marco Belinelli 6-4 Pg/Sg Skipper..born 1986
Has the same age of Manuchar, but has better athletism.. Has alredy played some good minutes in Euroleague.. His body is very very undeveloped... Very mature for his age..already a good realiable shoot.. outstanding dunks.. Probably will be in the 2007/2008 draft..
I don't think Manuchar will enter in the 2005 draft..he has still to improve so much..and to make a good season in Europe.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Nik Caner-Medley
Very talented player, can play the 1, 2, and the 3.
6-8 from UMD.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Nik Caner-Medley
Very talented player, can play the 1, 2, and the 3.
6-6 from UMD.
I like him a lot also. I thought he was 6'8 though.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think Jianlian Yi and Greg Oden will be eligible. Probably add Kosta Perovic to that list (not yet ready, has plenty of time). Marko Lekic maybe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same here, I thought Caner-Medley was 6'8 too. He looked amazing against Duke. He showed good perimeter skills along with toughness and heart.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Here are some from another thread:

Martynas Andriuskevicius, F/C, Zalgris (Lithuania)
7-1, 230, 18 years old
Some scouts believe he is a better prospect that Tiago or Kosta. They say Aryvdas Sabonis is his personal mentor (not a bad teacher). Likely 2005 Draft.

Nemanja Aleksandrov, F, FMP Zeleznik
The facts: 6-11, 210, 16 years old
Scouts say he is the best prospect in Europe. Could be top 3 next year.

Johan Petro, F, Pau Orthez
6-11, 220, 18 years old
Very athletic, but unpolished offensive game.

Dusan Sakota, SF, Panathinaikos
The facts: 6-11, 220, 18 years old
One scout called him a young Peja. A very good shooter.

Petro, Aleksandrov, Andriuskevicius, Peja Samardziski, Tahirou Sani, and Damir Omerhodzic are some of the big names for next year. Should Loul Deng stay in school, he could be a top 3 pick in '05.
all euro's

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Add Roko Ukic too, and of course there are lots of prospects from the college ranks.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Next year there actually may not be one high school player that makes the jump, and if there is somebody they will struggle to crack the first round. As for the college players, I like Chris Taft, Julius Hodge, Rashad McCants (if he doesn't go this year) and Rudy Gay who will be a freshman at UCONN.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw an article suggesting that Yi Jianlian could be the top pick in 2005 if CBA let's him go.

if you think of how good he'll be by the time he enters the NBA Draft (likely 2006 or later), it's hard to image he'd be something other than the first pick overall.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spaldingtattoos</b>!
I saw an article suggesting that Yi Jianlian could be the top pick in 2005 if CBA let's him go.
Actually it was this "article".

Yi Jianlian won't enter in 2005, simply because he's only 16 now and won't turn 18 before the 2006 NBA Draft.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TMOD</b>!
I think Jianlian Yi and Greg Oden will be eligible. Probably add Kosta Perovic to that list (not yet ready, has plenty of time). Marko Lekic maybe.
Greg Oden is only a sophmore so I dont think so.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Is the sentence «Yi Jianlian is not old enough to enter the Draft in 2005» really that hard to understand? :confused:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!
Is the sentence «Yi Jianlian is not old enough to enter the Draft in 2005» really that hard to understand? :confused:
There are questions about his real age though. Some say he is already 19 yrs old.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
There are questions about his real age though. Some say he is already 19 yrs old.
That doesn't matter at all. He is officially listed as 16 years old by FIBA. Rumors don't make him older, and they don't make him eligible for the Draft. He won't turn 18 officially before October 27th 2005. Period.

They won't allow him to enter just because he's looking older than he is. No one was saying, 'Let LeBron enter after his junior year, he's looking like he's already 30'.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts