Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, Who are the best announcers in the NBA or College Hoops (Play by Play or Color)? It can be regional or national. I like Brett Musberger for college hoops, I think he did a real nice job this year, including that Illini-Iowa game that went to OT. I also like Steve Lavin for color, adds a flavor and excitement to the basketball game that isn't annoying like Dicky V. I don't really have a clear cut favorite NBA announcer, don't mind Walton though.

Reactions: ATLien

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I love the Clipper Broadcasters Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith. They are very funny and keep the game in a lite mood and not too serious.

I also really like Hubie Brown and Snapper Jones they seem to really know what there talking about and I love to listen to the things they have to say about the game.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Marv Albert anytime with Doug Collins is my favorite national combo, followed closely by Al Michaels. Just because I've grown up listening to their broadcasts. Hubie is very good, and I thought Fratello was good as well.

Locally, we have Chris Marlowe and Bill Hanzlik, and Bill's gotta be the biggest Nuggets fan, and he can be pretty funny. Jerry Shimmel on the radio is excellent.

Kevin Calabro for the Sonics is in the elite status as well.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Chuck Swirsky and whether it be Leo Rautins or Jack Armstrong are the best announcing team in the NBA.

Just watch some raptor games if you can.. haha.. i know its hard but give it a try.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
the guys in seattle, the guys in atlanta and marv albert and doug collins with david aldridge and jim grey on the sidelines.

Reactions: ATLien

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Marv Albert, Doug Collins, Bob Costas when he did it on NBC, Bill Worrell & Van Chancellor, Snapper is pretty good too.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
George Blaha and Bill Laimbeer no doubt in my eyes

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
I like Hubie Brown and Doug Collins

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
vigilante said:
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Chuck Swirsky and whether it be Leo Rautins or Jack Armstrong are the best announcing team in the NBA.

Just watch some raptor games if you can.. haha.. i know its hard but give it a try.
I concur... they made for great radio commentary when I couldn't watch Raptor games on NBA League Pass. Also Red Kerr and Tom Dorr (I think thats his name) are pretty good too. Marv Albert and Dick Stockton are two of my favorite national commentators. Ernie, Chuck, and Jet are cool too :biggrin:

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I have a Kevin Calabro talking bobblehead doll that has some of his best game calls. KC rules in Seattle.

I cannot stand Bill Walton as a commentator. He grates on me.

G-Force

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino!!!!

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
kevin calabro, and simply because he gives credit where credits due. He always gets excited when an opposing team comes in and does some dazzle plays, not just when a sonic does something of merit.
Ive been listening/watching him for about 12 years now and its always been an enjoyment. Its so annoying to listen to the bulls and celtic commentators ***** and moan about every damn call that doesn't go their way, and sometimes have the nerve to call obviously outstanding plays "luck."

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
harlan and collins

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not really a sonics fan so the only reason I watch them play is because of the guy who does their play by play Kevin Calabro (Sp?)he's amazing. I'm a raptors fan so I gotta give some love to Swirsky, he's good too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts