Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What big star do you think the Raptors could get this summer?

I think we have a ok shot at getting Steve Nash, I'm sure he'd love to play in Toronto, plus Dallas is a loosing team, their not just a loosing team though, their a loosing team that is 12 million $$$ over the cap. And they have no big men, I'm sure we could trade Keon Clark and Mo Pete, or Keon Clark and Tracy Murray for Nash.

Jason Kidd.....is their a shot in hell of him signing with TO?

Who else may we get??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by TO4LIFE
What big star do you think the Raptors could get this summer?

I think we have a ok shot at getting Steve Nash, I'm sure he'd love to play in Toronto, plus Dallas is a loosing team, their not just a loosing team though, their a loosing team that is 12 million $$$ over the cap. And they have no big men, I'm sure we could trade Keon Clark and Mo Pete, or Keon Clark and Tracy Murray for Nash.

Jason Kidd.....is their a shot in hell of him signing with TO?

Who else may we get??
No shot Toronto is signing any big name player this off-season with their salary restrictions. Dallas will not trade Steve Nash, and I sure as hell would not trade Mop and Keon for him. The only way we have a chance of signing a respectable free agent this summer is to release or trade one of Hakeem,JYD, Montross, Yogi.
Unfortunetly the Raps re-signed Alvin, JYD and AD for too much which willl have us in a hell hole for at least the next 4 years or untill one of them gets traded.

Lets hope JYD gets traded at the draft next week for a better pick, maybe if we trade are 20 and JYD we can get a 11-14 pick , and lose alot of salary. Which would then be used on Keon and leave Toronto in the exact situation lol. I dont know what this team has to do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im talking about them being a loosing team because they got schooled by the kings.

Since their in the west they have NO shot at a championship. I can almost guarntee that next year it'll be LA and Sacramento again in the finals next year...Lakers will win then win the championship....AGAIN.

So if your not goin to win a championship, or make it to the finals, you might as well cut down your salary

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
They DO have a shot at the championship. The only business I want to do with the Mavs is an Antonio Davis - Michael Finley trade, based on that.

If the Mavs do THAT deal, they immediately increase their chances IMO. They lose a 20 point scorer, but they finally gain good interior defense and a solid post player who doesn't demand shots, and that's a good thing.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Raptors

Toronto isn't going to sign any big name FA. There just going to resign some of their players. They'll especially try and resign Keon Clark.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Raps are looking pretty good for the upcoming season, and I don't think they need to add a big name player to be successful. Another big name player could ruin the chemistry the team composed through the last part of the season and into the playoffs.

If we do add players, they won't be that significant to their position unless its at the pg spot. We could use another option on offense, but I believe if Keon comes back we will have 3 legitimate options with the possibility of MoP even giving us another if he decides on being consistant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts