Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty simple, playoffs just about to start... who are you guys (if anyone) cheering for now that the wolves failed to make it (again :cry: ).
personally i'd like to see the heat win, just as a shaq fan id love to see him get another title after leaving LA, and Dwades been great... i also wouldnt mind if detroit win it they just go out and do their thing night in night out.
as for the west, most of the top teams irritate me, ill cheer for the nuggets cause of carmelo, and the clips because ... well they are the clippers and they are in the playoffs lol

· Registered
6,297 Posts
If the Jazz manage to slip into that eighth spot, of course I'm rooting for them.

If not...Lakers and Suns equally. Kobe Bryant or Steve Nash...Can't choose, so I'll just hope they don't end up playing against each other.

I'd love to see the Suns take it all. It won't happen, but I'd love it if it did.

Laurie

· Registered
183 Posts
Anyone who plays against the Nuggets, anyone playing against the Lakers, after that I'll probably root for either the Suns, the Wizards, or the Pistons.

· Registered
4,241 Posts
I'm pulling for Dallas, myself. Any underdog besides that will suffice.

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Well, nix that whole idea of the Jazz getting the eighth spot. :cry: When the two games that would determine whether your team makes the Playoffs or not are games against San Antonio and Dallas, it's a no-brainer your team's not seeing the post-season...again.

Soooo.....Lakers or Suns in the West. Whichever wins the first round series is okay with me. Bigtime Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash fan, so whichever.

East. ICK. I'd like to say none of them, but, okay: the Wizards, just because Gilbert Arenas is such a nutcase.

Laurie

· Registered
8,215 Posts
The 8th spot team will be playing against San Antonio, not good. Jazz would have been killed out there, but oh well. I really hope the Jazz will do better next season.

I gotta agree with Cyberwolf with going with a team (now the Clips) against the Nugs. I never thought of it until I read his post.

· Registered
588 Posts
I WANT miami to win. I love zo and payton. they need rings.
I will root for nuggets.. i like watchin them

but it all comes down to... DONT LET SPURS WIN. I dont care who takes it, just not duncan...

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
endora60 said:
Feh. :curse:

In a world where guys like John Stockton and Karl Malone don't have Rings, there's no reason Mourning and Payton should.

Laurie
Zo deserves his ring more than anyone in the league...
but payton's just followin shaq around now in hope of getting one

· Registered
588 Posts
payton > stockton
zo > malone.

payton used to be THE man. :(

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
abwowang said:
payton > stockton
zo > malone.

payton used to be THE man. :(
might be pushin it there ;) lol
payton vs stockton used to be a great PG battle... couldnt pick a favourite of the two.
and malone was an mvp, zo just got unlucky with injuries otherwise he would be up there with the all time greats.
hope he does get his ring

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
endora60 said:
Lakers up 3-1 vs. the Suns.

Unbelievable game this afternoon. Just unreal. :clap:

Laurie
never thought id actually be hoping the lakers won a game, let alone a series... the suns/nash fanboys must be getting to me lol

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Avalanche said:
never thought id actually be hoping the lakers won a game, let alone a series... the suns/nash fanboys must be getting to me lol
I'm a bigtime Nash fangirl :laugh: always have been. Also a serious Kobe fan too, though, so a series like this is both heaven and hell. If only Kevin Garnett were somehow also playing, it'd be out of this world for me.

Laurie

· Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
endora60 said:
I'm a bigtime Nash fangirl :laugh: always have been. Also a serious Kobe fan too, though, so a series like this is both heaven and hell. If only Kevin Garnett were somehow also playing, it'd be out of this world for me.

Laurie
hahaha meant the bandwagon fans man

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.