Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot, but Larry Hughes has to be the biggest one. When ever he sees Kwame down low posting up, he doesn't give it to him or anyone. On 3 vs 1 times, hes the only Wizard by him self and he tries to take it to the hoop and he gets called for the Offensive foul.

Who else is a ballhog?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Steve Francis and Cat Mobley. Sucks for Yao that they both are in his backcourt.

I like Francis and all. But generally if the choice is between getting his own numbers and getting a teammate something, he chooses his own numbers.

Though I think Van Gundy is starting to break him of this.

And before someone says it, Iverson is not a ballhog. Look at his assist numbers this year. And he routinely passes to the open man. The open man in the past just can't make jack.

Oh. And Kobe Bryant can be quite the ballhog. Though half of that is that his teammates suck and don't like him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think many would say AI, but its only because of larry brown's old plays to run everything on offense through him

larry hughes really isnt even a PG, SG is his natural position and at times, he even played the 3, so when gilbert arenas got injured, he had to score, kwame isnt an automatic or anything. the wizards 2nd option was haywood so larry HAD to score, normally he looks for his shot anyways, harder to notice because hes the 3rd option behind arenas and stackhouse, but when both are injure he just looks for his shot a lot more

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Steve Francis and Cat Mobley. Sucks for Yao that they both are in his backcourt.

I like Francis and all. But generally if the choice is between getting his own numbers and getting a teammate something, he chooses his own numbers.

Though I think Van Gundy is starting to break him of this.

And before someone says it, Iverson is not a ballhog. Look at his assist numbers this year. And he routinely passes to the open man. The open man in the past just can't make jack.

Oh. And Kobe Bryant can be quite the ballhog. Though half of that is that his teammates suck and don't like him.
Tell that to Malone, Shaq, and Glove

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
John Stockton = greediest player ever :D

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
steve francis would be my pick, unfortunatly. he has bright spots in his game, and does get assists, but nowhere near what he could be getting when he chooses to penetrate and take a wild shot, which is the oppurtune time to dish the ball off to yao. hes been in the league long enough now that he needs to realize when to select his shots, and when to involve his team

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
John Stockton = greediest player ever :D
Greedy for assists, maybe. :D

I know you were joking around, but that is an interesting way to look at being greedy. Some players, probably very few over the course of the NBA, were greedy for dishing out assists instead of scoring half a century worth of points every game. ;)

Stockton is the only player I can think of off the top of my head, but for the future LeBron may be one of those types of players when he is fully developed.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!

Tell that to Malone, Shaq, and Glove
Last I knew Malone and Shaq weren't playing. And GP was complaining that "this wasn't what I signed up for".

I know Slava is the next great laker. But you can't tell me a lineup with bitter old vets like Horace Grant doesn't sort of suck? And those guys have always been jealous of Kobe. Which only makes him less likely to pass to them.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Steve Francis and Rickey Davis spring to mind as high-profile players who are all too desirous of possessing the ball and shooting the ball.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd go with Baron Davis, the guys shoots about a million three pointers, and shoots way too much for a pg.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Some big men can be quite the black holes. Players like Corliss Williamson, Gary Trent and Marcus Fizer to name a few are scorers, don't play a lick of defense, and every time they touch the ball, they back down their oponent, put on some moves, and some way or another hoist up a shot. Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Drew Gooden are a couple more.

As far as guards, like a lot of people have said, Steve Francis has to be one, along with Ricky Davis. Flip Murray is also quite a ball hog.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd have to say Bobby Jackson.

Amazing that someone like him remains a major part of the Kings.

Granted when he is hitting his shots Kings fans love him... but when he is in his slump as he has been in the past 5 or 6 games and STILL unwilling to pass that ball to the open man just so he can clank his shot is downright maddening!!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jason Richardson anyone??
He doesn't know how to play defense
He shoots 3's a lot and dunks a lot.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
if you can convert the dunk succesfully and is a definate two, then i see nothing wrong with doing so. would you rather he pass the ball off and have someone else settle for a jumper?

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Steve Francis and Rickey Davis spring to mind as high-profile players who are all too desirous of possessing the ball and shooting the ball.
Maybe the Ricky Davis in Cleveland is a "Ballhog", but in Boston it's the total opposite. He takes few shots and shoots a high percentage.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Drew Gooden... and Lee Nailon, when he gets on the court.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chapi</b>!
kobe
t-mac
pierce
francis
gooden
mobley
amare
Like Pierce, T-Mac doesn't have a lot of other options to go besides himself. And, I guess when you're that good, and can score over 20 almost every game, can you really consider it ballhogging? ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts