Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a very big fan, now wrestling just sucks. I still watch now and then, but it just sucks now.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I was gonna say the same thing in the other thread but decided it'd hurt some feelings around here. ;)

I mean those wrestlers are shaking hands behind curtain after all that screaming and hollering that they do on stage :rolleyes:

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wrestling just don't interest me at all anymore. Too much storyline and not enough wrestling. Just the whole thing sucks that is all.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'll watch it now and then, cause I really get a kick out of some of the storylines they come up with, but lately, boxing interests me much more than professional wrestling.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Professional wrestling is mostly sensationalism. I just can't get into that.

I prefer the real stuff...like UFC.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last night on Leno, he said WWF instead of WWE. That was funny.

I prefer the real sports like baseball and basketball.

My freind in PHX thinks wrestling is a sport. He means wwe not amatuer wrestling. I always have that arguement with him.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
O come on guys how can you not be excited when

-HBK(Shawn Micheals) returns
-Booker T does the spinarooni
-Brock Lesner (just the size of that man)
- Kurt Angle and the YOU SUCK chants
-Chris Beonit comes back
- RVD does the rolling thunder

Not to mention

-Stacy Kiebler
-Trish Stratus
-Torrie Wilson

That in itself is worth the time. I love wrestling infact im about to miss raw so I gotta go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
When did it become the "WWE", anyway? What does the "E" abbreviation mean?

I last watched "pro" wrestling in 1996. Yeah, it's been awhile. :D

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by Silk
When did it become the "WWE", anyway? What does the "E" abbreviation mean?

I last watched "pro" wrestling in 1996. Yeah, it's been awhile. :D
The "E" i think stands for "Entertainment"

I can't get into wresteling, I like to call it "Bad Acting"

·
Registered
405 Posts
It was worth watching when they had competition. Now we see too many wrestlers trying to make a return that shouldn't be.

Its good for a laugh once and awhile, and I never get sick of seeing the female wrestlers, :D .

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They changed from WWF to WWE because of their violation in agreement with World Wildlife Fund a few years back. The Corporate named used to be WWFE. I am not sure why theyjust stuck with that.

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
I have a feeling that wrestling is going down the drain and will be off the air soon if the ratings keep dropping. I watch it all the time and I'll watch it till the end, which could be soon.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The Rock is back, whoopty damn doo. Who cares about him when there is the real man out there, Booker T! That's my favorite wrestler right there.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I can't get into it because, as somebody that spends three or four hours in the gym every day, I can't stand to see the steroid abuse they promote. Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, HHH, lately, even The Rock. Almost all of the wrestlers are on steroids. I liked Goldberg because he obviously wasn't, and was a former football player. Kurt Angle and Goldberg are the only wresters that I can think of that have been seriously promoted and weren't obviously juiced. HHH looks like he spends a ton of time in the gym, but still, he has to be on steroids, it's just that unnatural look that gives it away. And look at The Rock's arms now compared to about six months ago, and tell me he isn't on the juice; you just don't gain that kind of muscle mass in that time period without juicing.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Damn, it seems we have a whole thread of wrestling haters. LOL, I find it to be entertaining, more than it was 10 years ago. Back then, a Big Boot and Leg Drop were great finishers, but nowadays, we have better finishers like the Stunner (sadly won't be seen anymore) and The Rock Bottom. Wrestling Rules!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by CoolHandLuke
I can't get into it because, as somebody that spends three or four hours in the gym every day, I can't stand to see the steroid abuse they promote. Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan, HHH, lately, even The Rock. Almost all of the wrestlers are on steroids. I liked Goldberg because he obviously wasn't, and was a former football player. Kurt Angle and Goldberg are the only wresters that I can think of that have been seriously promoted and weren't obviously juiced. HHH looks like he spends a ton of time in the gym, but still, he has to be on steroids, it's just that unnatural look that gives it away. And look at The Rock's arms now compared to about six months ago, and tell me he isn't on the juice; you just don't gain that kind of muscle mass in that time period without juicing.
Actually The Rocks arms looked pretty small yesterday compared to how they were when he wrestled. Goldberg is on more juice then anyone in wrestling. Brock used to be a defensive line man but he's probably juiced 24/7. There are tons of wrestlers that are not on steroids tho. All the crusier wrestlers

-Kidman
-Tajiri
-Christian
-x-pac

And even more main even superstars like

-Booker T
-EDGE
-Test

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Though I liked Booker T when I was younger, I think he's probably on steroids, just not abusing them like guys like Scott Steiner. The Rock's arms really are huge compared to a few months ago, and I doubt they'd get that big naturally. And Goldberg isn't on steroids. Just look at him. For one, the muscles look natural. Two, he would have had to submit to drug testing as an NFL player. He may be taking enhancers such as creatine (or, if he's pathetic, andro), but I doubt he's on the juice.

But the ones that they REALLY promote, like HHH, Hogan, et cetera, are on steroids. That's my point.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Goldberg has amitted to the media he has done steroids. Just because he played football means nothing he was in the NFL for 1 full month.

The Rock was in the CFL (Canadian Footbal league) for a year playing for Calgary and drug tests take place monthly.

No doubt that Steiner and Hogan are/have been using steroids HHH says he's so big because of the protein supplements he was using when he got injured (ya right) he's on it. Other then that their arent many current wrestlers that I can think of that are doing it Brock. Then again if it is true that 80% of baseball players are on it im guessing 100%of all wrestlers are doing it.

Just because Booker's arms got bigger does not mean he is on steroids. Lets face it these guys work in the WWE they get much more time to workout then regular people who work your normal 9-5 job.

They are paid to look the way they do and act/wrestle the way they do. They are in the gym 5 days a week (at least most of them)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Booker T's arms are not even that big so I have no idea what you are talking about, he's like normal size too might I add. He's all natural, ever since he was in Harlem Heat.

Don't hate man, for real.

CAN

YA

DIG

IT

SUCKA!!!!!

:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts