Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you keep:
1. Quentin Richardson or Corey Maggette? I take Maggette

2. Quentin Richardson and Keyon Dooling or Marko Jaric? I take Jaric because it narrows the rotation to 8 or 9

3. Wilcox or Maggette? close to call but I take Wilcox because he's signed for 4 years.

4. Let's say in this scenario Lamar is injured and plays fewer than 60 games next season, Lamar Odom or Chris Wilcox? (and assume that you can trade LO in a sign and trade maybe even for Lebron James) I'd have to trade Lamar after he couldn't play more than 75 games in any of his first 4 seasons so I'd keep Wilcox and trade Odom and stuff for Lebron. Although healthy, you may think I'm nuts, I take LO over Lebron any day.

5. Brand or Wilcox if Wilcox really becomes great? I stick with Brand because Brand is solid and has the right personality.

6. Olowokandi or Ely? I know what you're thinking, Kandi is not expendable, but if you could trade Kandi and Q or Maggette for Lebron James and a vet center would you? I would trade Kandi and Q for Lebron and any decent vet C in an instant, Ely would be fine at center.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1. Quentin Richardson

2. Quentin Richardson and Keyon Dooling

3. Wilcox

4. Lamar Odom

5. Brand

6. Olowokandi

·
Registered
983 Posts
#1. Q Richardson. He's better now(better scorer, better shooter, better ball handler, pretty equal in boarding - Maggette is only a better defender) and he's still got untapped potential(so does Maggette, but I like Q's more). I do not think either player will be stars, but I'll take Q.

#2 Q and Keyon. I think both will be better than Jaric, so that's a pretty easy choice. Whether it narros the rotation doesn't mean much IMO ... Q would start at the 2, Dooling would backup. So it comes down to JAric/Keyon cuz Jaric isn't starting. Jaric/Maggette is more like it, but I'd still take Q/Keyon. Keyon is the perfect backup to Andre.

#3 Tough one. Like you say, probably Wilcox cuz he's under contract for a few more years.

#4 Lamar Odom

#5 Brand.

#6 Another tough one. All things equal, I take Kandi.

But, if it is Kandi at the MAX or right near it, Im taking Ely. I think Ely can be a fine C in the NBA. He's got the average C size, he's tough, he's strong, and he's talented. He's got a 7'4 wingspan. Most importantly, he's a better athlete than most C's and can move better than them. I think he could be a Kandi type 12/9/1.8 player in 2 years. But I expect Kandi to improve a bit more than that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with RD on almost all of this, but I think that the last one isn't that tough. Kandi has the body to be the second most dominant center in the L. And his skill is coming along too. I haven't seen much of Ely but I can't see him being a dominant starting center. Belive me I hope I am wrong but I see him being a great center/PF backup. Nothing more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts