Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who do you want coaching the Pistons next season?

• Larry Brown

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Phil Jackson

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Flip Saunders

• Bill Laimbeer

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Tom Izzo

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Paul Silas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurice Cheeks

• Doug Collins

• Other (specify who)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
If Larry has the energy, I want him back. But with a really kick *** assistant coach :biggrin: Like Laimbeer. I think I was hard on Brown earlier, and a lot of the things I don't like could be solved with the right back up staff.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
If it's Gar Heard, Doug Collins, or Tom Izzo I don't think I can watch....Gar looked lost while coaching already. Doug had his chance and I much prefer him as a annoucer. Tom needs to stay in college or better yet goto Portland. I don't like MSU lol and I don't want him coaching the pistons for selfish reasons but I wouldn't mind him leaving msu :) Larry is my first coach but I could live with either Bill or Flip if Larry wants out.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I voted Izzo but I wouldn't mind giving Laimbeer a shot, maybe even Silas. Those would be my top 3...provided Larry leaves which I'm assuming he will.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about a guy like Chuck Daly? Think he still has something left in the tank?

My first choice would obviously be Larry Brown, provided he can cut out all the outside distractions such as rumors of him leaving or retiring mid-season and it would be a must that he commits to the team for the entire year. I'm pretty sure Dumars feels about that way too.

Without Larry I really have no idea what direction the team should go in. George Karl would've been a great candidate, but he's obviously in Denver.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
He was at a Piston game a few weeks ago and he wasn't mentally sharp. He was confusing players and such. I don't think he would be able to fully able run a team right now. If it was the Chuck of 15 years ago, then sure he would be a good fit. I still like a guy like Flip Saunders who has experience with big name players. Silas scares me a little bit because he has been fired quickly at both of his previous jobs. Not saying it was all his fault but I think the Pistons can land a bigger name. Whoever is the best coach out there will sure want to be taking the best open job this offseason (of course that would be ours) if Larry was gone.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
My first choice is LB. After that I would want a guy Phil Jackson, Flip Saunders and Mo Cheeks in that order.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Phil Jackson is the one who scares me the most. I don't like his laid back personality, just don't vibe with me very well but that's just me and I don't have to play lol. Mo is slowly growing on me.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I don't think Phil is even interested. He thinks we were a one year fluke without the power to do it repeatedly.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Mo Cheeks...

No way players like Rasheed would listen to Bill Laimbeer....

But I would prefer to have pound for pound(I love that nickname) back...

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i picked laimbeer figuring he could get mahorn to be his assistant coach. why not bring back mcfilthy and mcnasty(or was that ruland and mahorn,whatever).brown won't be back next year, win or lose in the playoffs he's gone. his whole recent tirade with guys that joe has brought in(delfino,arroyo and darko) i think has sealed his fate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i dont really think that we need to worry about that because im sure that larry brown will return next year, and i do agree that a coach like bill laimbeer just straight up wouldnt be listened to...he would be tryin to run a play at practice and sheed would be standing behind him makin faces...sorry but i gotta keep lb on this one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts