Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a good idea of where each team will be drafting now and there's a few early entrants declared, so who do you want your team to pick?

Packers: I think we're actually in pretty good shape. I like the defense except for MLB, and the offense is good except for RB and some of the interior O-Line positions.

Ideally I guess I want Alex Ogletree MLB from Georgia who looks like a stud, but there are a bunch of SEC MLBs that would be acceptable. I also think Gio Bernard would be amazing on this team because he can catch passes out of the backfield and return kicks in addition to running up the middle a little.

So..

1st Round: Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
2nd Round: Ogletree/Jon Bostic/Kevin Minter, MLB, SEC
3rd Round: Gabe Jackson, OG, Miss St

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Jets

1st: Pray that Jarvis Jones slips to us because of that Spine(i think) condition he has. Or more realisticly one of the WRs. Williams/Hunter/Austin
2nd: Mike Glennon/Tyler Bray/Ryan Nassib
3rd: More offensive Talent. Montee Ball/Stepfan Taylor/Robert Woods/Le'Veon Bell

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Rams--Still need to fix the rest of the O-Line and get a safety not named Craig Dahl. WR is a need as well, but the most glaring are LT and S.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
We have a good idea of where each team will be drafting now and there's a few early entrants declared, so who do you want your team to pick?

Packers: I think we're actually in pretty good shape. I like the defense except for MLB, and the offense is good except for RB and some of the interior O-Line positions.

Ideally I guess I want Alex Ogletree MLB from Georgia who looks like a stud, but there are a bunch of SEC MLBs that would be acceptable. I also think Gio Bernard would be amazing on this team because he can catch passes out of the backfield and return kicks in addition to running up the middle a little.

So..

1st Round: Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC
2nd Round: Ogletree/Jon Bostic/Kevin Minter, MLB, SEC
3rd Round: Gabe Jackson, OG, Miss St
I don't the Packers going that high for a running back. I think they are pretty high on DuJuan Harris and from watching him play I can see why. If anything, they'll take a shot at one in the second or third round. Honestly, I just hope Montee Ball somehow ends up with the Packers. :D

We do need a little more depth at MLB, so I would be fine with any of those players that you listed. In terms of what else we need, I think one or two more guys on the defensive line to add some depth and another one or two guys for the offensive line. If we have the opportunity to take a QB very late that we can groom into a solid backup we should do so because I am not confident with Harrell in that role.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
I don't know about his projections, but I would like to see Philly grab an offensive lineman. Luke Joeckel come on down.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
We need help on the offensive line. Only thing better than that would be a lock down corner who could also return kicks like Patrick Peterson. Don't think we get the opportunity to draft Peterson however.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't the Packers going that high for a running back. I think they are pretty high on DuJuan Harris and from watching him play I can see why. If anything, they'll take a shot at one in the second or third round. Honestly, I just hope Montee Ball somehow ends up with the Packers. :D

We do need a little more depth at MLB, so I would be fine with any of those players that you listed. In terms of what else we need, I think one or two more guys on the defensive line to add some depth and another one or two guys for the offensive line. If we have the opportunity to take a QB very late that we can groom into a solid backup we should do so because I am not confident with Harrell in that role.
Totally not confident in Harrell either. Now that I think about it, a Tackle is probably a huge need as Sherrod and Bulaga can't really be counted on. Maybe Eric Fischer out of CMU is a possibilty. I also have no idea where Margus Hunt goes, but I want him baaaaad. So **** it, I'll change already

1. Eric Fischer, OT, CMU
2. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
3. Tons of MLB guys: Shane Skov, Kevin Reddick, Jonathan Bostic, Kiko Alonso

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
That's like when everyone was mad that Julio wasn't around to be drafted by the Rams. Nice fit, but very obviously like 8 picks too late.
That was a typical example of Billy Devaney getting caught with his pants down. There are many others.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I'm hoping Dee Milliner is available for the Bucs to take at 13, if not Ogletree or Rhodes even if it's a bit of reach.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Don't watch enough college to have a name, but the Vikings desperately need a receiver. I wouldn't mind a MLB or a DT either though. Jasper Brinkley isn't the greatest and Kevin Williams is on the decline.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
We don't have a first rounder but I'm wishing for Da'Rick Rogers from Tenn. Tech in the second.

Dude got suspended for off-field issues at Tennessee so he transferred to Tech. Needless to say his draft stock took a major hit but he is going to be an absolute #1 in the NFL. In 2011, when he led Tennessee in catches (67), receiving yards (1,040) and receiving touchdowns (nine) he was often being covered by NFL-caliber cornerbacks in the SEC...and he was a true Sophomore

I definitely wouldn't be upset if we went for a LB or Safety though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts