Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also a reason you think so.

Oh and just for fun who will win the first matchup between the lakers and the kings dec 25 at staples?

·
Registered
162 Posts
im not sure, id say the spurs are basically out of it, but if the lakers were knocked out before the spurs had to face them, i wouldnt discount duncan, he played the lakers very close and the kings and mavs will not be able to defend him near as well. the mavs still have to learn how to play defense, i like them having van exel on the team the whole season, nash was exhausted by seasons end last year, being replaced for periods of time by van exel will help him loads come playoff time, a healthy adrian griffin gives them some defense, and who knows maybe dirk will be swatting everything that comes in the lane next season. the kings might be a clear cut choice, but they still arent a godo defensive team, and they only have one guy who has proven he can hit a shot down the stretch, if webber could step it up and play better late in games theyd be almost a lock, still need another body to throw at shaq though, divac and pollard are nto enough. the lakers, i dno, 4 in a row just sounds too good, they kept george, and they still haveall the key pieces to the puzzle, but they looked a lot more mortal against the west last year then in years before. all depends on shaq.

so my pick is............. Spurs, claxton and parker are a great tandem at the point, and duncan is the best player and second most dominating player in the league, he finds a way to get it done.

·
Registered
920 Posts
King will make it to the finals. History shows they will. Go back to the Bad Boy Piston years. Chicago kept meeting them in the playoffs and lost three years straight. but on the third year they pushed them to seven games and almost won. On the fourth year Chicago swept Detroit out of the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Kings will sweep the Lakers but I do believe that the Kings will go to the finals and face the Indiana Pacers.

As for the first matchup I think the Kings will win because they will think of it as payback.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
kings are the best team,they proved that this year.i will guess the spurs or mavs beat the fakers in the semis and the kings go to the finals.first match-up between the two teams?who cares?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by babylon
kings are the best team,they proved that this year.i will guess the spurs or mavs beat the fakers in the semis and the kings go to the finals.first match-up between the two teams?who cares?
Spurs will not beat the Lakers because they have only one major scoring option. Speedy Claxton will not put them over the top. I don't know about the Mavs. In the two games they played after the Lafrentz trade they split. The game the Lakers won Robert Horry hit the game winning three. In the other game Mavs won by 22.

I think the Kings will face the Lakers in the WCF. I tihnk the ings will beat the Lakers.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
My pick is the Lakers only because Shaq is unstopable.

Even though i hate the Lakers I have to respect their dominance.

Lakers because they are at home.
If they were in Sacramento I would pick the Kings.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Lakers and Lakers.

They are back 2 back 2 back champions. Untill someone dethrones them I am picking them every year. As far as X-mas game, they are playing at Staples and Shaq is mad. 'Nuff said. OK I am assumong both teams are playing at full compliment of players.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Lakers are going to the finals from the West.

And..

The Kings are going to win the Christmas day game. Why? You might ask, well the Lakers always seem to go into that Christmas game as a graveyard crew, with guys starting who were going for most pine minutes. Like last year when Matt Harpring showed how useless he was trying to guard Slava Medvedenko.

-Tim

·
Registered
44 Posts
KINGS ALL THE WAY!

Does it really matter what team comes from the East? I don't want to knock the East, but com'on. The Net would be a #5 seed in the West and lucky to win the 1st round.

And watch out for the Mavs. They remind me of the Kings from a yr ago.

Remember, Kings did all that WITHOUT Peja!! Just imagine how much better they'd have been if Stojakovic was healthy!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Lakers will win championship again.

I think the Celtics or the Raptors will make it out of the east... not that it matters much.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
This past lakers kings series reminded me much of the Rams Patriots superbowl
The Rams are easily the better team but they were outmanuevured and taken out of their game plan. Unfortunatley for them they only had a half to catch up and dug themselves too deep a whole. The lakers dug themselves a hole and may have been lucky to get out.
The Kings blew their chance the rams would have probably won the next ten games just like the Lakers won the last two when they got back on track. Next year there will be no surprises and the Lakers will be prepared to win.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by bebop
KINGS ALL THE WAY!

Does it really matter what team comes from the East? I don't want to knock the East, but com'on. The Net would be a #5 seed in the West and lucky to win the 1st round.

And watch out for the Mavs. They remind me of the Kings from a yr ago.

Remember, Kings did all that WITHOUT Peja!! Just imagine how much better they'd have been if Stojakovic was healthy!

That arguement doesn't hold much weight..If peja was playing that means that Bibby wouldn't have had so many shots and no one knows if Peja would've made his shots..

the lakers are gonna come out on top again, shaq is too dominant.

·
Registered
471 Posts
In my extremely biased opinion... Mavericks and Kings...

And Mavs take them in 6...

And the Pistons get jerked in the Finals in 5...

peace

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Until a western team gets a swingman that can SHOOT and make Kobe play both ends of the floor and one that can also play up tight defense to keep Kobe at 20/22 points, the Lakers will win.

If Kobe is stopped below his season average and all others on the team are at their averages or slightly lower, then another western team could win, even IF Shaq scores 35/40 each game.

But until a western team gets a real Shooting/scoring/defending swingman, the Lakers have Shaq. They have Kobe. They have the will and they have Phil.

Christmas? Staples=Win.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
boring and safe pick but I pick the Lakers and Kings. The Spurs have nothing (Bruce Bowen? are you kidding me?) for Kobe and the Mavs can't do anything with Shaq. I think the Mavs will make big strides this year but it won't be enough to get past the Kings or the Lakers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.