Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love reading the boards and hearing everyone's opinions and thoughts.......

except the tired beaten drum of it's one particular guys fault that the Bulls lose.

Just looking at this season ....what amount of fault goes to who?

Reinsdorf - 20%. Blame has to go to Jerry for letting things get to the point of no return. He held on to Krause too long and we are now paying the price for that decision. Sure, Krause did very well for the Bulls, yes he did, but it was obvious his plan kept changing. A sure sign of disaster when you redo your rebuilding plan each year. Coaching hires and talent levels were unacceptable.

Paxson - 15%. He made bad choices. He wanted Wade and rightfully so. Howver, he deemed Donyell Marshall so valuable that he wouldn't part with him to get the tremendous Wade. He signed Scottie Pipen, a short term fix at best, in what was most likely a PR move. Very bad decision when you could've gotten James Posey or Veshon Leonard. Two guys that would've helped the Bulls much more. He traded Rose and Marshall and got nothing in return. AD & JYD amount to very little at this point. The only good move he's made was firing Bill Cartwright and bringing a new attitude and coach in, wether it works or not time will tell. Drafting Hinrich was a wash cause he fell into our laps and has over achieved on heart and determination. Pax admits, if not for Jay Williams, hinrich wouldn't have been our choice.

Coaching - 10%. Until Skiles, I haven't seen real coaching and adjustments occuring during games. The development of players has been atrocious also. Flat out bad in this area. No Continuity or direction.

Jay Williams - 10%. Yes, Jay Williams is a big part of our problems. Trades for Williams or Crawford would've been made or a ddifferent draft pick selected. Williams was the Number Two Pick and we got nothing for or from him. Tragic accident or not, it was a huge blow to the team this season.

Jalen Rose - 5% - turns out we're no better or worse without Rose, so can't give him more than 5% of the Blame. He was our only legit star caliber player and we traded him for two Dogs.

Jamal Crawford - 7% - This is what prompted this post. Jamal has so much more to develop in his game, it's frustrating he hasn't worked on it before. Instead of balling on the streets he shoulda been in the gym with coaches working on his strength and weaknesses in his game. Still, there have been nights where he has put the team on his back and attempted to carry them. Unfortunately, his shoulders aren't ready for that.

Eddy Curry - 10%. This team was built for he and Chandler to lead. They haven't done that. Eddy came in and has played like the Michelin Man all season. Eddy didn't do any of what was needed from him this past off-season and during the season he and the team have suffered. For this team to be succesful the Bulls must have a big inside presence. Eddy was supposed to be that guy. So far, he hasn't been more than a really good back up 15 minute a night guy.

Tyson Chandler - 10%. I have much fo the same criticism for him that I do of Eddy. Except, Tyson is smarter and a harder worker than Eddy by all accounts. So it's equally, if not more, disappointing that the strength work that Chandler needed to do wasn't done. It's also disappointing that what he did work on hasn't shown up consistently. to date, Tyson Chandler is still a jumping jack player who is nice to have, but won't win you games.

E-Rob - 3%. He is a waste on this team. He had a chance to work with the team and he didn't. No matter what he accomplishes or doesn't accomplish with his time left on the Bulls, he was a bad signing.

Kirk Hinrich - 3%. Kirk is a rookie and has played his arse off. I am glad to have him on the team. However, he has a knack for bad turnovers and will need to improve that alot. He has had some reall bad shooting nights that make Brunson look good. Still, he is a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season.

Rest of the team - 5%. The rest of the team is just that. Role players and guys that have been asked to contribute more than they can.

Fans - 2%. - We support, no obssess, no, live and breathe Chicago Bulls basketball and stick with the team, it's players and the organzation to a fault. JR won't get the message till fans stop blindly supporting this team. Yet, that is what makes us the best damn fans in the NBA.

In conclusion, it's not one persons fault for any major part of our situation. We had the perfect storm of bad decision making and bad luck come together and hit us at once. There is no quick fix to this situation. No one player is going to lift this team out of the cellar. Trades and changes will happen, but until everyone on the team and in the organizatioin truly gives 150%, we are bound for the lottery year after year.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
You're looking at it in hindsight.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. but you usually have to identify how you got into the trouble before you can get of it.

Also, if I go by a game to game situation, the end results would likely be the same.

Thats another part of the problem - We are still trying to learn consistency.

The real point of the post was to say - trading one player won't save the team. Only the team can save the team.

Damn! Now, I'm sounding like a HS coach.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
From the radio today:

We peobably put a little too much burden on Jamal to be our scorer, he's shown that he has the ability to do it, it's just that he hasn't been consistent.

Not one of our scorers, but OUR SCORER.

Put a zero behind JC's 7.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
everyone gets blame. And I mean everyone. But an unfair amount of it is dealt at JC and Curry. Those 2 alone maybe get a quarter. Give BC and Skiles a quarter. Pax a quarter. Jwill some and the rest of the club the rest. And the rest of the club does include guys like Chandler and Kirk, who we are not allowed to criticize here. But they arent above blame either. Ultimately, Reinsdorf must go. One interview for the GM job? What a F-ing joke

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
hey chifan - no offense, but threads like this are self-defeating. blame, blame and blame some more. they are all to blame. we are all to blame. no one is to blame. the moon is to blame. i could go on.

it is frustrating - but honestly, does this make it go away? nope.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
From the radio today:

We peobably put a little too much burden on Jamal to be our scorer, he's shown that he has the ability to do it, it's just that he hasn't been consistent.

:D And Just think everyone was debating in the offseason how Crawford needs to be LESS shoot first and MORE pass first.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
how about us?

the fans. we deserve some too. There is zero urgency for this club to win. We keep going to the UC, paying the sky high prices, putting money in their pockets. Our message boards out post other message boards by 10-1. The fans get some blame. We just havent put the type of pressure on this team to win. This would never happen in a place like NYC or Philly. The fans issue death threats when the team loses. I think we are too laid back. Give us atleast 5% of supporing this P.O.S product

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
hey chifan - no offense, but threads like this are self-defeating. blame, blame and blame some more. they are all to blame. we are all to blame. no one is to blame. the moon is to blame. i could go on.

it is frustrating - but honestly, does this make it go away? nope.
Mize,

That was part of the point of the post.....Every other post on these boards blames Jamal or Eddy for the Bulls poor performance this year.

Eveyrone wants to trade Crawford or Curry cause they are the main one's to blame. I don't agree.

I do agree that the team should be looking to make itself better for next year and season to come. The trades being discussed and reported don't seem to accomplish that.

and finally...After 5 years of crappy basketball, a little self reflection is required.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!

Mize,

That was part of the point of the post.....Every other post on these boards blames Jamal or Eddy for the Bulls poor performance this year.

Eveyrone wants to trade Crawford or Curry cause they are the main one's to blame. I don't agree.

I do agree that the team should be looking to make itself better for next year and season to come. The trades being discussed and reported don't seem to accomplish that.

and finally...After 5 years of crappy basketball, a little self reflection is required.

:cool: reflect away. i'll pass. GO BULLS!! :)

oh and, who said you could call me mize. j/k :laugh:

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
From the radio today:

Well thats the Bull's stupid fault if they want JC to score 70% of the team's points

·
Registered
307 Posts

Then shutup except for once or twice a week.

:p
Yes, it was funny quote, coming from you rlucas. Oupost other team by 10 to 1, haha...

Rlucas, you practically lives here on this board. :grinning: :grinning:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Chif! :greatjob:

As for JC and Eddy getting the brunt of the blame, they were suppose to lead us. And as we lose each game, we hope and wish they both might click!

Pax was right when he said JC cannot be the man every night. He could be a couple of years away from that, but he is improving. Just not enough to to transfer some of the losses into wins.

As for eddy, another 1/2 season wondering if he will start to play like we want him to. He is coming around, but it took him 3 months to get into shape! That robbed us of wins.

They both are not all to blame, of course not. But it gets highlighted when they play bad because they were suppose to be our #1 and two options until something better comes along. It was frustrating to see JC shoot 32% for a string of games and Eddy letting players like Stepania look like all-stars. It is clear, both guys are not there yet. They both have talent and both will be very good players when it is all said and done.

It is just the fact that with 13 wins, it doesn't help us now.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jsong</b>!

Yes, it was funny quote, coming from you rlucas. Oupost other team by 10 to 1, haha...

Rlucas, you practically lives here on this board. :grinning: :grinning:
Thank god none of the rest of us do! Not me! LOL

:angel: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I blame Tyson Chandler for parts of 23 Losses: 18% Blame
Jay Williams for each and every one of our 36 losses: 22% Blame
Scottie Pippen for parts of 29 Losses: 20% Blame

The guys who bust thier *** for 90% of games like Crawford, Curry, Hinrich.... I can't find much fault with them. MAYBE 5% between the rest of the team. You know, the guys who aren't in suits more often then jerseys?

5% Blame on Cartwright, he didn't last long enough to get more.

The rest of the blame falls on Paxon. Drafting a redundant guard (albeit a very good one) while ignoring a *massive* hole at the 3, then trading our 2 best players for 2 players that won't be starting in the near future (barring more injuries). He sat on his hand during the offseason, when not one, not two, but THREE of the best coaches in the game were avalible. Inexcusible. Paxon gets the rest, the last 30%.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
From the radio today:

If anything, that should remove points from Jamal. It's a recognition that he was asked to do too much. More blame for Paxson for putting him in a situation he couldn't expect to succeed in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts