Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the summer league games, I've come to the conclusion that mario austin is a bum with one of the worst games i've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. He seems like the type of player that tries to do too much and fails (ex. marcus fizer). I honestly believe he has no CHANCE at all of making a bulls roster.

When I first saw tommy smith play, I can honestly say I was turned off by his game the minute i saw him get his shot blocked twice in two seperate games. I mean, I know it happens but it looked real BAD when it happened to him. He seems to be pretty athletic and is also a pretty decent shotblocker himself. Also has more offensive ability than austin. I think he may have a chance to make the roster NEXT year, if his rights aren't traded or he's cut.

Winner : TOMMY SMITH

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Can I vote for they both won't amount to squat in the NBA?

Tommy Smith is as big of a bum as Austin is. On top of being a bum, he has no NBA position.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chi_Lunatic</b>!
After watching the summer league games, I've come to the conclusion that mario austin is a bum with one of the worst games i've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. He seems like the type of player that tries to do too much and fails (ex. marcus fizer). I honestly believe he has no CHANCE at all of making a bulls roster.

When I first saw tommy smith play, I can honestly say I was turned off by his game the minute i saw him get his shot blocked twice in two seperate games. I mean, I know it happens but it looked real BAD when it happened to him. He seems to be pretty athletic and is also a pretty decent shotblocker himself. Also has more offensive ability than austin. I think he may have a chance to make the roster NEXT year, if his rights aren't traded or he's cut.

Winner : TOMMY SMITH
Wow. Mario Austin was a beast in college. His game must not translate at all, or he has fallen off.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
tough choice. They both looked awful this summer. Mario actually looked better as a rook. Neither looked like they can contribute in the NBA if summer leagues are any indicator.

and don't start with "Summer league doesn't matter" BS. Those two looked awful. Kirk played badly too in SL, but you could tell right away Kirk had skills to work with

I would guess Mario Austin because he's large if you put a gun to my head and said choose. But then again, Smith was not really worse. Tommy Smith could be on the all "no BBall IQ team"
Yuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts