Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My #1 pick would be Jarret Jack. This guy can be one of the best PG's in the NBA with all his potential. He is also best friends with Bosh meaning Bosh would get more deserving touches with the ball if he does get drafted by Toronto. He would be the perfect PG for our system. He can score, he's a leader, and he can dish out the assists.

My second pick would be Charlie Villanueva! We say we need a center and a SF? Well this guy can play C, PF, and SF! Talk about versatile! He can turn into a Lamar Odom type player and with his play he is always a danger to watch out for. If he isn't scoring one way he's scoring another way. A double double threat in the future.

Both of these guys should be available within our range. Jarret Jack would obviously be available, but to be safe we should definetly move up with our second pick to draft Charlie Villanueva.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
i had supported this draft for a while (before i discovered gerald green and antoine wright) so while i'd be happy with this, id much rather prefer a draft of green and jack/gilchrest/villanueva or a draft of felton/wright.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-James- said:
i had supported this draft for a while (before i discovered gerald green and antoine wright) so while i'd be happy with this, id much rather prefer a draft of green and jack/gilchrest/villanueva or a draft of felton/wright.
Rumors are that Portland is also interested in Gerald Green! I'd kill to have him, but chances are he's all Portland unless we somehow get a pick before them in the draft. If Green is available I'd snag him and run away laughing because I honestly feel that Green has superstar potential inside of him. I'd also say Jack is a must for us considering his potential, and his relationship with Bosh. I'd really compare Jarret to a better passing, better leader Billups.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
1) Danny Granger
2) Salim Stoudamire

The day after Draft Day, this board calls for Babcock's head. :laugh:
Given his history, though.. I wouldn't put this draft past him. :(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
TheATLien said:
Given his history, though.. I wouldn't put this draft past him. :(
Given his history of one draft... a draft which he was hired a week prior to (correct me if I'm wrong on this), forcing him to use Grunwald's scouting.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Numbed One said:
Given his history of one draft... a draft which he was hired a week prior to (correct me if I'm wrong on this), forcing him to use Grunwald's scouting.
About a month I think, but you are right about the scouting dept.

I'm not a charlie fan. Look at that team he's leaving at Uconn, if he were any good he could raise his stock with next year's performance.

I just really don't want him.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
blowuptheraptors said:
About a month I think, but you are right about the scouting dept.

I'm not a charlie fan. Look at that team he's leaving at Uconn, if he were any good he could raise his stock with next year's performance.

I just really don't want him.
and the fact that he doesn't give full effort, and dissapears every once in a while?

By the way, the guy CANNOT play three positions.. in college, yes.. not in the NBA. Too slow to guard SF's, much too weak and small to guard C's.. so he should be comfortable guarding PFs.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
lotto if green t is there him if not deron
philly pick if sheldon declares take igf noit than gragner
rnd 2 louis williams
maimi rnd 2 big body

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't know why you guys rate Deron Williams so high. He had 1 or 2 good games in the tourney and now u guys all love him. Look at him. He is not athletic at all. He is pudgy as hell. Has the worst foot speed I have seen for a PG/SG. Has an average shot and his ball handling isn't what it should be for a PG. To take this guy with the raps 1st or 2nd picks would be insane. I'd take Luther Head before Deron and maybe even Dee Brown. But Dee is undersized and very streaky but he is a top notch defender.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
drlove_playa said:
I don't know why you guys rate Deron Williams so high. He had 1 or 2 good games in the tourney and now u guys all love him. Look at him. He is not athletic at all. He is pudgy as hell. Has the worst foot speed I have seen for a PG/SG. Has an average shot and his ball handling isn't what it should be for a PG. To take this guy with the raps 1st or 2nd picks would be insane. I'd take Luther Head before Deron and maybe even Dee Brown. But Dee is undersized and very streaky but he is a top notch defender.

Deron is excellent defensively for a PG. He worked so hard this off season to get his game up, but I think we should draft Jarret Jack since Deron probably wont be available for our pick.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
drlove_playa said:
:dead:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If we can't get Green, Id like us to get Raymond Felton and Hakim Warrick/or Antoine Wright and maybe trade our denver pick for their pick and select Rudy Fernandez and keep him overseas for a year or so.

Then sign Kwame Brown to MLE or through sign-and-trade. I believe this guy is really goood. He just needs a change of scenerio (a la Baron and V.Carter).

1-Raymond Felton
2-Mopete -----> soon to be Rudy Fernandez
3-Antoine Wright/Hakim Warrick/Joey Graham
4-Bosh
5-Kwame Brown

A lil tooo optimistic? heh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts