Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing folks ranking Randolph higher among PF's, but having seen both play only a couple of times this year, I think that Rasheed is by far the better player (right now). Randolph has a better inside game but Wallace is infinitely more versatile. What do you guys think?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!
I keep seeing folks ranking Randolph higher among PF's, but having seen both play only a couple of times this year, I think that Rasheed is by far the better player (right now). Randolph has a better inside game but Wallace is infinitely more versatile. What do you guys think?
Very much so. Zach has a more offensive and rebounding minded game, but Rasheed's game is far more wide-spread (much better at creating shots, the range on his shot, and defense) and helps Zach's game tremendously.

There are times when it makes perfect sense to keep Rasheed (the last 4 games are prime examples) and there are times when it seems like it's best to let him go his seperate way.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Wallace is definitely the superior player. He's just as effective as a low-post scorer, but also has the versatility to shoot from mid-range and outside. His defense is just light-years ahead of Randolph's.

The only thing Randolph is superior at is rebounding. Randolph has an absolute nose for the ball, while Wallace has always been a fairly mediocre rebounder for his size. Some of that to do with his taking more outside shots.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
The only thing Randolph is superior at is rebounding.
One other thing: Offensive assertiveness. If Rasheed had the burning desire Zach exhibits game in and game out, he'd be talked about in the same breath as Duncan and KG.

Dan

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Sheed could be a God in this league if "HE" only knew it! Tonight you saw why he frustrates me so!

When Sheed brainfarts the next game, then Zach goes to work.

If both bring their A games, Zach gets killed!

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts

I feel that Rasheed is the better player overall.

Zach does what it takes to produce on a nightly basis which he does very well 20-10 but he needs to work on his defense.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then its not just me. I believe I was one of the few that would have loved to have Rasheed on the Cavaliers, because most people think that he would be a bad influence on LeBron. I see that talent and versatility and I'm just in awe of what he can do. Especially at almost 7ft tall.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Originally posted by <b>nikebasketball</b>!

I feel that Rasheed is the better player overall.

Zach does what it takes to produce on a nightly basis which he does very well 20-10 but he needs to work on his defense.
I still think everyone forgets that this is really Zach's first year of playing against NBA players in A GAME. Rasheed has been starting against some great competition for 9 years. I think you can say his defense has improved over the years. As I hope Zach will. IF Wallace played every game with the desire of Zach we would have a perenial all-star!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sheed's the more TALENTED player.

Zach's the better player.

If Sheed decided to play hard every night then as others have said, he's one of the very best in the entire league. Right now though, since he's just as likely to go for 5 points and 3 boards as he is 30 and 10, I have to go with Zach - not as talented but at least we can count on his effort.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Rasheed is the better player. Easily.

Zach might be a better offensive player, although the only reason he is is because of motivation (meaning that on any given game, if properly motivated, Rasheed can at least be his equal). We'd all like for motivation to not be any kind of issue, but it is and I think it's necessary to discount Rasheed's offensive game because it's impossible to predict how aggressive he'll be on that side of the ball.

ZR's high turnover rate and poor passing skills, though, serve to partially mitigate the offensive advantage he has in the aggressiveness area, in my opinion.

Zach's a better rebounder, but Rasheed's much, much better defensively and this makes up for the rebounding difference along with any gap there might be in offense.

Now, in terms of VALUE (player-to-contract), Zach's easily a better bargain. I don't think that's the question, though.

Ed O.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think Wallace possess far more skills, both on offense and on defense, than Randolph does. Wallace also has better size and is more physically gifted. But I believe effort, attitude, and desire to be your best goes a long way. This is where Randolph easily beats Wallace.

Wallace is still the better player, but not far better. I think Randolph has the chance to surpass Wallace as the better player not too far down the road. Right now, Randolph is too bad of a defender to be considered a better player than Wallace. Once/if he does become at least a decent defender, I think he'll be at least as good as Wallace.

I think Randolph already has a better offensive game than Wallace's. He doesn't have as many ways to score as Wallace does, but he know what his strengths are and he constantly go to his strength. The same cannot be said about Wallace.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wallace by far.

He makes his team mates better. There is no question on defense.

On offense Zach has a feel for the basket but horrible when doubled (he look lost) Can't pass out of the DT. He gets blocked often, he is selfish on offense and make his team mates standing around by dominating the ball. Also he gets more rebounds because of teammates double teaming on d for him. With inside position with help from (mostly Rasheed) it is easier to rebound.

Wallace on the other hand makes defenses respect him more on the block and collapse on him harder and faster. He can pass out of the double giving DA, Person, Souds 3 pointers. His shot is very hard to block. He is deadly from all over the floor. His down fall is rebounding.
You take him out of this line up and we are out of the Playoff for 3-4 years. Nobody will trade equal value for him so getting 2 scrubs are not the solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts