Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i actually have to go with saint joseph's. they are a damn good team and they aren't going to be challenged in conference like some of the other teams will. i'm not saying they will do it, but i'm saying i think they have the best chance. they are currently ranked #6 and i think that the high ranking is completely justified.

cincinnati is an excellent team as well. if you haven't seen them play yet, be sure to tune in tonight. however, they play louisville twice and wake forest AT wake forest. that is a tough slate.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>xubrew</b>!
i actually have to go with saint joseph's. they are a damn good team and they aren't going to be challenged in conference like some of the other teams will. i'm not saying they will do it, but i'm saying i think they have the best chance. they are currently ranked #6 and i think that the high ranking is completely justified.

cincinnati is an excellent team as well. if you haven't seen them play yet, be sure to tune in tonight. however, they play louisville twice and wake forest AT wake forest. that is a tough slate.
I also have to go with St. Joe's. They are incredible. I believe they'll finish a few close games, but I doubt they'll even get beaten before March.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
As crazy as this season has been, it's hard to imagine any team going undefeated. St. Joseph's probably does have the best shot to do it though.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Considering half of St. Joesephs' schedule consists of glorified high school teams, I'd have to agree. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
In my Creighton. If Creighton can beat Southern Illinois, and Whichita State, which they should, they'll have the best shot.

Stanford also has a good shot, they beat Arizona in Arizona.

St. Joe's has Xavier and Rhode Island twice, but that's about it.

Cinci has a tough schedule, and I think the CUSA is muhc harder than the A10, Pac10, or MVC.

Pittsburgh has to face UConn twice, Seton Hall, Syracuse twice, and Providence, and has to survive the Big East. They won't do it.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
when was the last team to get even close to go for undefeated in a season? I remember my frosh eyar at Kansas 1996-1997, KU started 22-0, and lost only one game until March Madness. I am drawoing blanks, I know there wer others since then, but drawing blanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
In 96-97 UMass started 26-0 until a loss to George Washington, then lost one more in the national semis to Kentucky to finish 35-2.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>blabla97</b>!
UNLV was undefeated until Duke beat them in the national championship game. I think it was 1991.
it was not 1991. THat was when kansas and Duke met in the National Championship game

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!

it was not 1991. THat was when kansas and Duke met in the National Championship game
It was 1991, but it was the semi-finals not the final. Duke then went on to annhilate Mark "Mullet" Randall and the Jayhawks in the final.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JuniorNoboa</b>!

It was 1991, but it was the semi-finals not the final. Duke then went on to annhilate Mark "Mullet" Randall and the Jayhawks in the final.
why do you call him "mullet"? I do not remember he had one.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Willo</b>!
In my Creighton. If Creighton can beat Southern Illinois, and Whichita State, which they should, they'll have the best shot.

Stanford also has a good shot, they beat Arizona in Arizona.

St. Joe's has Xavier and Rhode Island twice, but that's about it.

Cinci has a tough schedule, and I think the CUSA is muhc harder than the A10, Pac10, or MVC.

Pittsburgh has to face UConn twice, Seton Hall, Syracuse twice, and Providence, and has to survive the Big East. They won't do it.
Creighton got beat by North Iowa last night..But i think St Joes will be the team to beat all year and probly will be #1 at the end of the season..Cinci got a good team but at he said there are in a very very tought CUSA so i dont think they will..Pitt doesnt have a chance they will probly have mroe then 6 loses at the end of the season because even thou they are 17-0 they havent beatting a team that is half way decent yet..Stanford has a chance a great chance is they can stay health but they are in the Pac 10..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts