Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

My vote has to go with Stockton, he wasnt as flashy as the rest of these guys, but he barely ever turned the ball over, he always hit his teamate and he was by far the smartest in his decisions with the ball, which to me counts as mental ball handling, and thus counts in my vote

15806 assists
4244 turnovers

1839 Playoff assists
517 Playoff turnovers

71 All Star Assists
29 All Star Turnovers

I think Ill let the stats speak.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Re: Pistol Pete was the best Dribbler ever

Originally posted by <b>benfica</b>!
The ball was part of his hand and he could do anything with it.

Earl "The Perl" Monroe was pretty good too with all those spin moves.
You get a 5 for just mentioning Monroe.

If Pistol Pete and Cousy were the innovators...Monroe was it's first true artist in the NBA.

For me like I have said Magic is the greatest. Ballhandling consists of more than just dribbling. Dribbling is part of ballhandling. Ballhandling can be defined as how one can control the ball and to Magic could control it in any situation and in every way. Stockton is the NBA's most efficient passer not it's greatest ballhandler IMO but he was great at it. Tim Hardaway still has the deadliest crossover....he paved the way for players like AI by making it popular.

Anyways the GREATEST ballhandler EVER was Marcus Hayes. But he never played in the NBA but then this thread is about the "Who is the best ball handler ever?"....there is no indication if it is only NBA. Marcus Hayes is the greatest ever and it was he who innovated a lot of what playground guys like And1 do and did.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Re: ...

Originally posted by <b>WoGiTaLiA1</b>!
My vote has to go with Stockton, he wasnt as flashy as the rest of these guys, but he barely ever turned the ball over, he always hit his teamate and he was by far the smartest in his decisions with the ball, which to me counts as mental ball handling, and thus counts in my vote

15806 assists
4244 turnovers

1839 Playoff assists
517 Playoff turnovers

71 All Star Assists
29 All Star Turnovers

I think Ill let the stats speak.

NICE!!! :yes: They do speak for themselves, don't they?

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
pistol and bob cousy hands down. hardaway has the quickest but isnt the best.
Iverson- carries
stockton- great passer probably top 3 ever
jordan- no way
magic- pretty good

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
I think Pistol Pete is the best. If anyone who hasn't seen him play, you need to find some old videos of him (you might be able to find them on Kaaza). The things he could do with the ball were incredible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The point guard is usually the shortest player on the squad, but he is the best ball handler. A point guard, sometimes known as the 'coach on the court' or the 'floor general,' is in charge of guiding plays.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts