Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say Tim Duncan. He produces game in and game out. He just needs help from his other teamates.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by hOnDo
I would say Tim Duncan. He produces game in and game out. He just needs help from his other teamates.
Welcome. I've got relatives near Aberdeen.

That is a very debatable question and one that is frequently talked about and since it is personal opinion, there is usually never any consensus. Tim is a good choice for one to make, though.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant, they both do everything. Kobe even has a pretty good low post game. KG can basically play every position.:D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its a hard topic to find a final answer. But if you look at his game he is a very consistant player. Kobe is great too but I dont know if I can tab him the best overall because he gets some of his stuff from Shaq's dominace.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Tracy McGrady. What can Kobe do that Tracy can't?
Kobe has a better low post game than T-Mac. Kobe can back down on his defenders, and spin around them to easily get to the basket, as he showed in the Playoffs.:D

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
K.G. is the BEST all-around player in the NBA,BOTTOM LINE!
Yeah, but Kobe is a better all-around player than T-Mac.:D :yes:

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Garnett. He has range on his shot, can create off the dribble, good passer, and has great athleticism.

Duncan, Kobe, McGrady, and Kidd are also pretty complete players.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by hOnDo

How about win a couple games?? :laugh:

I'm sure if McGrady had Shaq he would win a few games too.... :rolleyes:

Mr. X, have you seen McGrady play? He has a good post game, probably equal to, if not better than Kobe. Tracy also does this while being the focal point of the defense....

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Taking advantage of mismatches in the post does not mean you have a great post up game. All you have to do is to jump over the smaller guy and shoot the jumper.

T-mac and Kobe dont have a good post up game.

The true good postup player as a swingman body we have Michael Jordan, and Penny Hardaway.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
Taking advantage of mismatches in the post does not mean you have a great post up game. All you have to do is to jump over the smaller guy and shoot the jumper.

T-mac and Kobe dont have a good post up game.

The true good postup player as a swingman body we have Michael Jordan, and Penny Hardaway.
Penny Hardaway was great at it, now he isn't.:no:

And Kobe does have a great post up game. You don't have to be big to be good in the post. Kobe is the best guard in the league at backing up a defender and scoring. T-Mac never does it. Kobe is clearly the best in the league at it, if you think otherwise, you need to rethink it.:D

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by KC

I'm sure if McGrady had Shaq he would win a few games too.... :rolleyes:

Mr. X, have you seen McGrady play? He has a good post game, probably equal to, if not better than Kobe. Tracy also does this while being the focal point of the defense....
No need to get defensive. I didn't say anything offensive to you.

Kobe and Shaq are the both focal point of the other team's defense. Do you think that the other teams just forget about Kobe? I wish everyone would just stop hating on Kobe for playing with Shaq, it's ridiculous.:yes:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
You are such a homer. I still don't believe that you have ever watched an Orlando Magic game...

By the way, people don't "hate" on Kobe because he has Shaq. We hate on him because of people like you that proclaim him God, when he has yet to even lead his own team and be the focal point of the defense. You never address this issue, you always tip-toe around it...

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor

Penny Hardaway was great at it, now he isn't.:no:

And Kobe does have a great post up game. You don't have to be big to be good in the post. Kobe is the best guard in the league at backing up a defender and scoring. T-Mac never does it. Kobe is clearly the best in the league at it, if you think otherwise, you need to rethink it.:D
1) You don't need super atheltcisim to be great at post up, Penny is stil a great post up game but the Suns didn't run a lot of post up plays for Penny thanks to cancer Marbury.:rolleyes:

2) backup defenders that doesnt mean you are a good post up player. And being the best SG doesn't mean u are a good post up game. All Kobe likes to do in the post is his predictable fadeaway shots at this point of his career!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Kobe hands down: can post up-drive to the hoop-play defense-pass-shoot threes(sort of)

·
A!
9,434 Posts
All with a 400 lb monster in the lane, being double and triple-teamed...

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.