• Shane Battier

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Eddie Griffin

Votes: 24 45.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Shane Battier is going to become one of the better SF's in the league next year. Quietly, he will get his 18ppg and 7 rbs, along with 5 assists and solid defensive efforts, being the consummate star role player.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1. Kirilenko
2. Battier
3. Griffin

·
Registered
924 Posts
Originally posted by Showtyme
Shane Battier is going to become one of the better SF's in the league next year. Quietly, he will get his 18ppg and 7 rbs, along with 5 assists and solid defensive efforts, being the consummate star role player.

No way will this happen. His numbers will either stay the same or go down. Michael Dickerson and Lorenzen Wright will be healthy. They drafted Drew Gooden. Pau Gasol will be improved. There is not gonna be enough shots to go around.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Griffin... it's not really that close. He has better range than Kirilenko, much better shotblocking, and also is better at playing down low. Much better defender. Battier's good, but doesn't have star ability. Griffin does.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cat I agree to an extent. Griffin does have all of the tools and skills to shine in this league but he is not the best out of the three yet. He does have the most potential and I think he will be a star but right now Battier and Kirilenko are better than him.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by The Cat
Griffin... it's not really that close. He has better range than Kirilenko, much better shotblocking, and also is better at playing down low. Much better defender. Battier's good, but doesn't have star ability. Griffin does.
Cat
You better go check out a Kirilenko vs Griffin comparisons. They played almost exactly the same amount of minutes and Griffin is a slightly better rebounder and has a better 3pt% (33% is nothing to brag about though). Kirilenko unlike Griffin realizes it is a weakness and took about 1/3 the 3Pt shots that Griffin did (100 vs 273). Kirilenko scored 2 pts a game more, had an slight advantage in assists, a large advantage in steals and is overall a better shooter (FG% 45% vs 36% FT 77% vs 74%). Blocked shots are even 1.94 vs 1.84. Right now Battier is better, then Kirilenko( very slight advantage), then Griffin.. The future is highly debatable. If they work on their game equally Griffin and Kirilenko continue to be very close. Neither will be sigificantly better but will be a step above Battier in 3-5 years. How is Griffin's work ethic? Will he work on his game?
Stat AK- Gri
PPG 10.7 8.8
RPG 4.90 5.7
APG 1.10 0.7
SPG 1.41 .23
BPG 1.94 1.84
FG% .450 .366
FT% .768 .744
3P% .250 .330
MPG 26.2 26.0

·
Registered
309 Posts
Joe,

I meant in potential. Griffin had to take more threes, because often he was stationed there in our offense, and there were less efficient scoring options. Utah has Stockton, Malone, Marshall, etc. When Francis was out for a long stretch for us, we had Mobley, and that was about it. Everyone else, including Griffin, had to take more shots than they were prepared for, and that skews the percentages and numbers of shots.

I've seen Griffin shoot in warmups, during the games, and have listened to reports from insiders. This guy can absolutely shoot. It's hard to tell from last season, when he had to do a lot of things he's not yet ready for. When you have a healthy Francis, Mo Taylor, and Yao Ming on this team, he should have considerably more open looks.

Griffin's terrific with his work ethic... he's been in the weight room consistently since the season ended. He is about up to 242 now, up about 17 pounds from last season.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
There is no question that Eddie Griffin will be the best out of this group by the time all of these players develop.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Richard Jefferson

is going to be WAY WAY WAY better than all of them. he will be an all star in 2 years.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Thats tomorrow, right?

Kirilenko is the best, IMO. And to be honest with you guys: I think he'll have just as good a career as Griffin. Not that many people knew about Kirilenko last season until they saw him in a game against their favorite team. They knew his name after the game for sure. Kirilenko is just as young (I think he's 20....) coming out of Russia, is a serious candidate to win DPOY some year because he is great at steals, blocked shots, and is pretty sound fundamentally. Offensively, hes great in transition, and if he becomes better at mid-range shooting and slightly better at ballhandling (he's not bad) I see no reason he can't be one of the next superstars in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Cat</b>!
I've seen Griffin shoot in warmups, during the games, and have listened to reports from insiders. This guy can absolutely shoot. It's hard to tell from last season, when he had to do a lot of things he's not yet ready for. When you have a healthy Francis, Mo Taylor, and Yao Ming on this team, he should have considerably more open looks.
The question is not can he shoot, but can he make them when they count?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!
There is no question that Eddie Griffin will be the best out of this group by the time all of these players develop.
These are my favorite kinds of posts.

"There is no question that Eddie Griffin will be the best out of this goup by the time these players develop."

Ummmm...yes there is a question about it. I think that Kirilenko will the best of this group. He has the quickness, the shooting touch, the toughness and the love of the game. And yes, the talent as well. He will be a superb NBA player, and I believe he will be the best of this group.

See, there is a question about who will be the best.

Hitman

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hitman</b>!

These are my favorite kinds of posts.

"There is no question that Eddie Griffin will be the best out of this goup by the time these players develop."

Ummmm...yes there is a question about it. I think that Kirilenko will the best of this group. He has the quickness, the shooting touch, the toughness and the love of the game. And yes, the talent as well. He will be a superb NBA player, and I believe he will be the best of this group.

See, there is a question about who will be the best.

Hitman
I'm glad that you love my posts and they are your favorites. :D :rbanana:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.