Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading into the season, who is your favorite to win the Super Bowl in New Orleans? I gotta go with the Jets because they got Tebow. Haha

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
Ravens, Jets, Broncos. Can't count out the Giants, Pats, Packers or the Niners. I'm not all too sold into that Texans love they've been getting since the Superbowl ended, I think they're overrated. (They will win their division though)

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
The Packers, obviously. 15-1 and addressed the defense in the draft. Young tackles are a year older. Best player in the league.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
I'd have to go with Packers. Wouldn't be surprised to see 9ers in SB though. They may be my pick too.

AFC is a cluster****.

Jets aren't contenders though. Houston seemed to lose a lot, but they may have a good enough system in place to plug in guys and not miss a beat.

God, I miss football.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Ravens, Jets, Broncos. Can't count out the Giants, Pats, Packers or the Niners. I'm not all too sold into that Texans love they've been getting since the Superbowl ended, I think they're overrated. (They will win their division though)
i dont even think the jets or broncos are locks to make the playoffs, and baltimore is going to be without their best defensive player.. hardly favorites to win it all in my opinion

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
i dont even think the jets or broncos are locks to make the playoffs, and baltimore is going to be without their best defensive player.. hardly favorites to win it all in my opinion
Ravens will be fine.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
If i had to lay money down today i would put it down on a Pats-Pack superbowl.. with the giants,texans following close behind

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Favorites to win the super bowl fine or win 10 games and lose in round one fine? Id guess the second one is more likely
Even with Ray in his prime days, the defense has been more about a unit than one player. They're still loaded defensively. They can get to the Superbowl. It's all about the offense growing up more.

Probably better people overlook em.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

Revenge for that BS in 2002.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
In the AFC it is clearly NE IMO, easy ass schedule and they loaded up on defense and adding Lloyd gives them a true outside WR. The NFC is bit more difficult, Eagles have the most talent IMO, GB has the best player and offense, while SF loaded up on offense.....but I don't really care for any of their additions.

**** it, none of those teams will play in the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl 47-Cowboys vs Chargers-Battle of the underachievers.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
If the Packers defense returns to level it was at in the 2010 season (or anywhere close to it) and they have to be the favorite.
All green bay needs is an average defense and they will crush most teams... their terrible d really cost them last season in the playoffs

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I think Sherrod and Bulaga getting a year older will help with the protection too. Shouldn't matter in most games, but can really make a difference against the Giants or other teams with great defensive lines which seem to be the only teams that can beat us. Saturday should be an upgrade too.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Now that Aldon Smith is hurt, the Niners have some questions, but they are my favorites to get to the Super Bowl. However, it is a landmine of challengers in the Packers, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Lions. No idea what to expect from the NFC South.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts