Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Anderson is in. Not too sure about this one but maybe he'll suprise me.

J-rich is in to defend his title.

I assume that Lebron is in. He has the hype and the vert to win it and the NBA is drooling at having him in the contest.

Who is number 4? Has it been announced? Is the NBA waiting to see if Carter can compete?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Last year Amare promised he would be back to show all the stuff he couldn't show and Desmond Mason was also sure Amare would be back.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Its so stupid that they only alow 4 guys now. The NBA finds a way to butcher the dunk comp every year.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Where have you seen this??? Have these names been announced anywhere??? I´m confused...

·
Registered
564 Posts
this sucks chris anderson is gonnacome last.... Desmond mason cant be in it if they have that three year rule.... i read a article that i have posted on the raptors web site that Vince Carter could be the fourth... i don't wanna see J-rich in it either.. he can only jump off of two feet and all of his dunks look the same... same rotation and everything... Lebron doesn't look like he has too much to offer either... i hate teh dunk contest 4 dunkers... that is stupid... Vince is the only person that is going to make this contest any good. come on vince

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Thanks Peja! Who else thinks Chris is going to have a hard time? In my opinion he is too tall, people of his height don´t usually win in the dunk contests... Wasn´t Larry Nance the last one when he won in 1984???

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
Vince is the only person that is going to make this contest any good. come on vince
Confirmation was dispatched in a press release that the dunk contest -- the Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk, officially -- will be a four-man event restricted to players in their rookie, second or third seasons. Which pretty much rules out Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant if our math is right.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1714546

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Well you saw it first, im jumping on the bandwagon for Chris to win the dunk contest. Hey Brent Barry won it one year, anythings possible.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins it. Who cares if he may lack a certain amount of necessary pigments. :p People just don't think he will win without backing it up.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Thats stupid, not only are there 4 guys, but once again the great guns can't play in it.

J-Rich said that Ricky Davis and VC tried to enter the competition to prevent him from winning the award.

The All-Star game gets more and more boring each and every season. The 3 point shoot out and he Dunk contest are the only things I look forward to. Whats next? The 3 point shoot out consisting of 2 players?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Tj would be good in the contest everyone likes to see the little guys get up... and they show some of the bigger guys how to get down

·
Registered
564 Posts
i am pissed off.... Vince and Kobe can;t be in it again..this is ****in retardeed... isn;t this contest about the fans... we want to see Vince and big named stars... i thought the NBA would love for these two gusy sto go back into it.. that would be like Domonique and Jordan... these two have won it ounce and have never been defeated this would bring in huge ratings... i am pissed..... i don't even think i will watch the dunk contest now.. this is bull ****

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
If the stars don't want to we cant MAKE them come. This isn't Space Jam here.

'Well sir, their from earth. What if they can't come?"
"MAKE 'EM COME!"

Easy there Swackhammer.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
Who is number 4? Has it been announced? Is the NBA waiting to see if Carter can compete?
Let Ism'mail Muhhomad compete:D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts