Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that you'd have to give that to Johnson or Stockton. Also though I think pistol pete was a hell of a passer. This video helps explain why Johnson though

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I think that you'd have to give that to Johnson or Stockton. Also though I think pistol pete was a hell of a passer. This video helps explain why Johnson though

Assists Per Game All Time Leaders - YouTube
In all seriousness, this series of NBA videos you're making is the most boring thing you could have done. You're taking a top 10 list that anyone could have just looked up, offering zero analysis and then just reading stats off a page.

I don't know what you're looking to accomplish with these.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Worthy of mention for me are Magic, Stockton, Cousy, Bird, Maravich, Kidd, and Nash. Who am I missing? Isiah Thomas and Kevin Porter had the numbers, Mark Jackson was consistent, Bill Walton was brilliant but didn't initiate the offense...

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
one guy, his nick name says it all, 'Magic' as in 'how did he do that?'

if you're talking about degree of difficulty, if you're talking about vision and delivery - best passer ever

Stockton was a lunch pail, I'm an umbrella, Magic was pixie dust

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Yinka Dare

Current era: Hassan Whiteside

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Greatest passres, IMHO:

Innovation: Bob Cousy;
Showmansho: Pistol Pete;
Consistency: John Stockton;
All-round: Magic Johnson.

Non-PGs: well, there once was this Center who led the league in total assists one season (and came third another year), but @R-Star would probably have a fit if he is mentioned... ;)

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Greatest passres, IMHO:

Innovation: Bob Cousy;
Showmansho: Pistol Pete;
Consistency: John Stockton;
All-round: Magic Johnson.

Non-PGs: well, there once was this Center who led the league in total assists one season (and came third another year), but @R-Star would probably have a fit if he is mentioned... ;)
Vlad Divac when he played for the Kings had the greatest passes of all time for a 7 footer. Well, maybe if you didn't include Jon Bender, who is now dunking the business world in the face as hard as he used to cram it at the rim.

Best passer of all time? Mark ****ing Jackson.
Best scorer of all time? Reggie I punched Kobe in the face because hes a pussy Miller.
Best shooter of all time? Same as best scorer. Guy was a gangster.
Best White Center of all time? Rik Big Dick Swingin' Smits.
Best Rebounder of all time? Jermine The Real Shaquille O'Neal
Best defender of all time? Ron Alpha World War Artest
Best puncher of faces of all time? TIE between Alpha World War and Stephen Sorry Ms. Jackson "He is for re-eeeal"
Greatest player of all time to go down to injury? Jon The Original Paul George Bender.

****ing Lakers. When you get a storied history like the one I just posted, get back at me, you filthy Minnesota Lakers hillbillies.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Vlad Divac when he played for the Kings had the greatest passes of all time for a 7 footer. Well, maybe if you didn't include Jon Bender, who is now dunking the business world in the face as hard as he used to cram it at the rim.

Best passer of all time? Mark ****ing Jackson.
Best scorer of all time? Reggie I punched Kobe in the face because hes a pussy Miller.
Best shooter of all time? Same as best scorer. Guy was a gangster.
Best White Center of all time? Rik Big Dick Swingin' Smits.
Best Rebounder of all time? Jermine The Real Shaquille O'Neal
Best defender of all time? Ron Alpha World War Artest
Best puncher of faces of all time? TIE between Alpha World War and Stephen Sorry Ms. Jackson "He is for re-eeeal"
Greatest player of all time to go down to injury? Jon The Original Paul George Bender.

****ing Lakers. When you get a storied history like the one I just posted, get back at me, you filthy Minnesota Lakers hillbillies.
No mention of Celtics-Killer Chuck "the Rifleman" Person? Boooooooo!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd go with Magic Johnson. If he didn't retire that early, he would've gotten the record for most assists of all time.

He has the best assist rate of all time, so I think it's safe to say that he is the best passer of all time as well. The only possible knock that people can claim is that he had way too many offensive options at his disposal compared to others.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'd go with Magic Johnson. If he didn't retire that early, he would've gotten the record for most assists of all time.

He has the best assist rate of all time, so I think it's safe to say that he is the best passer of all time as well. The only possible knock that people can claim is that he had way too many offensive options at his disposal compared to others.
Not that I'm arguing, but Magic himself has personally said that Pistol was his major passing influence, and you can certainly see that in the types of passes you see them create on film.

Also, Pistol's teammates often would miss his passes because a lot of them didn't know to expect those kind of passes. They just weren't "normal" back then.

I'd say Magic might be the best overall in execution, but Pistol was the innovator [and inventor] that gave Magic the template.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Not that I'm arguing, but Magic himself has personally said that Pistol was his major passing influence, and you can certainly see that in the types of passes you see them create on film.

Also, Pistol's teammates often would miss his passes because a lot of them didn't know to expect those kind of passes. They just weren't "normal" back then.

I'd say Magic might be the best overall in execution, but Pistol was the innovator [and inventor] that gave Magic the template.
I think it was Isiah Thomas who said it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts