Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, obviously theres always talk about the greatest scorers, so after doing some research i came up with a top ten list, interesting to note, kobe, who is mentioned in almost every circle as one of the greatest scorers of all time doesn't crack the top 10 (for ppg). Also just to let you guys know, I'm a lakers fan so im not tryna throw any shade towards Kobe.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
wtf is the point of these videos? You are just listing the all time scoring average list which you can find from a 1 second google search and you don't add anything.
Kinda puzzled, myself.
If one wants to know who leads the NBA in ppg just go to b/r or another site
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_career.html
And, btw, Kobe (not Gervin) is at #10 .

AT MOST, listing career leaders in ppg can help a little to the discussion posed on the thread title. But nor Iverson nor Baylor belong anywhere near the discussion.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Hey guys, obviously theres always talk about the greatest scorers, so after doing some research i came up with a top ten list, interesting to note, kobe, who is mentioned in almost every circle as one of the greatest scorers of all time doesn't crack the top 10 (for ppg). Also just to let you guys know, I'm a lakers fan so im not tryna throw any shade towards Kobe.

Who is the greatest scorer of all time? - YouTube
You didn't "come up" with this list, you clown.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Wilt. By a landslide.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
you are stupid dipshit, what do you think the number 20,000+ refers to?
"The Lakers are the bestest team of all time and had the bestest players and they're the greaaaaaatest team ever to play any of the sports!" You.

Calm down on your fanboyism, new Irwin. As funny as you think your joke was, it's clear you wanted to come in to say Wilt. Lets not act like he wouldn't be your choice. You don't have to rush every single thread and try to cram your Lakers nonsense down everyones throats. You're a ****ing adult.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
"The Lakers are the bestest team of all time and had the bestest players and they're the greaaaaaatest team ever to play any of the sports!" You.

Calm down on your fanboyism, new Irwin. As funny as you think your joke was, it's clear you wanted to come in to say Wilt. Lets not act like he wouldn't be your choice. You don't have to rush every single thread and try to cram your Lakers nonsense down everyones throats. You're a ****ing adult.
Lol. Even with my poor grasp of english i undestood e-monk was referring to the number of chicks Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have nailed during his lifetime. Hence, the "greatest SCORER". Lol

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Oh, i see. Fair enough.

BTW, why do you think Lakers fans giving props to Wilt should be considered homerism (sp?) considering it's pretty clear Wilt was his most dominant self as a Sixer (and certainly much, much more dominant than as a Laker)?
I don't. Nor do I even disagree with picking Wilt. I just love making fun of @e-monk since he loves running into any thread like this and insisting anyone outside of a Laker would be a ridiculous pick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say Wilt if it weren't for the lack of competition in that era. He went up against people with SF and (short) PF players at the center position and he was 7'1 or 7'2. People weren't athletic as well and he was. There weren't as many teams during that era as well. So in that regard, I don't consider him as the best scorer of all time.

I'd put Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant as the 2 best scorers of all time. Their range of skill, where they can score, how they do it and when they do it is just beyond anyone else in the history of the league.

Kobe Bryant
Outscored a team 62-61 after the 3rd quarter.
Almost outscored a team 56-58 after the 3rd quarter.
Scored 81 points.
4 straight 50 point games.
Averaged 43ppg for a whole month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.