Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will go off the limb and throw a grassy noel out there, how about Scott Sutton from ORU now that would be fun to see. I doubt it because of the Osu ties so dont be hating on me for saying that, but I would like to have this guy if all else fails.

·
Registered
586 Posts
They will probably try for Tom Crean from Marquette first. My guess is they end up going after Wichita State coach Mark Turgeon. I won't be shocked if Turgeon is the coach for OU.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
I think Turegon will be teh coach of OU. I know KU is the dream job for him, but that is at least 5 years from now, and most likly 8-15 years from now that job will be open. OU would be agood fit for him to go next to. a Major conference, and he knows the confernce and the 5 state area very well.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
NickZepp said:
If it gets down to Turgeon or Haith at Miami OU might as well hire Bob Hoffman from the current staff. Turgeon hasn't done a thing yet.

well at least Mark turegon took a team to a sweet 16 which never thougth go that far with this team

·
Registered
398 Posts
So many coaches get based on one year at a mid major then they get a major job and flop at it. It's really stupid to base a coach on one year. Turgeon hasn't done anything yet. If OU goes down to Turgeon or Haith then they may as well look at their own staff. Bob Hoffman was won at every level of basketall as a head coach. Including women's NAIA.

·
Registered
586 Posts
NickZepp said:
So many coaches get based on one year at a mid major then they get a major job and flop at it. It's really stupid to base a coach on one year. Turgeon hasn't done anything yet. If OU goes down to Turgeon or Haith then they may as well look at their own staff. Bob Hoffman was won at every level of basketall as a head coach. Including women's NAIA.
Usually I agree with that. But Mark Turgeon has gotten WSU 20 wins the last 3 or 4 years. They should have been in the NCAA's last year, and this year showed that he can coach on the big stage. Mark Turgeon will be a lot like Bruce Weber, he will make an immediate impact at a big school. The only difference is he will be a much better recruiter.

A big time school will need to snatch up Turgeon as soon as possible because he is a great coach!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.