Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is the Player of the Game?

Who is the Player of the Game?

1K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  ghoti 
Hbwoy said:
Why not be objective? Kidd wasnt the only one that did a good defensive job on Hamilton

Others did an ok job. Kidd did a great job.

Who was it that let Hamilton cut unimpeded to the hoop with 3:00 left in the 4th?

who was it that let Billups hit a wide open 3?

It wasn't anyone with JK as initials...

GREAT defense means not taking any posessions off.

Grandmazter3 said:
Your not going to be able to keep Hamilton and Billups scoreless no matter how good defensively you are. Everyone did a great job and yes Kidd stands out but everyone contributed.

Please read what I actually wrote.

I did not expect anyone to keep anyone scoreless. I did not say that the rest of the team didn't play good defense or contribute.

I just gave examples of where a certain player was lazy and took the posession off. I am not saying they didn't play good defense the rest of the game...he did. But he was the only one that I saw who actually took multiple posessions off. If he was tired, he should have sat and let Wright have those minutes.

Kidd was head and shoulders above anyone else last night.

Grandmazter3 said:
From what I saw no one was lazy, the few times they got in the paint was because they set some good plays and it payed off. My only problem with Vince yesterday was his shot selection but his deflection at the end and his block on Hamilton's 3 were big.

I taped the game. I wish I could create a video out of it and post it here.

But if any of you taped the game, just look at those two examples. There are other examples, but I don't have time to re-watch the game.

With 3:52 left, Billups hit an uncontested 3...Vince was 2 ft away and didn't even put up a hand.

At 2:47, Hamilton cut to the hoop unguarded by Vince from the 3pt line. There was no pick set. Vince just didn't run with him.

I challenge you to find Kidd taking any posessions off like that.

Please note, I did NOT say that Vince played bad defense overall. I am just noting that he took posessions off. If someone gets a bunch of A's and some B's, they're not gonna be a straight A student. Understand?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.