1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Knicks: former GM, coach or players?

2. Magic: former coach, GM or players?

3. Cavs; GM, coach or players?

Who is responsible for the loss, loss and loss?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Knicks is EASY EASY EASY..you dont have the highest payroll in the league and make the lottery....The worlds worst GM,Layden

magic??Thats tougher....Grant Hill being injured is a huge factor

cavs..hmmm..thats a difficult one

the knicks are clear cut and thats why layden is back at the choir

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
1. Knicks: former GM, coach or players?

2. Magic: former coach, GM or players?

3. Cavs; GM, coach or players?

Who is responsible for the loss, loss and loss?
1. Players and former GM

2. Players and current GM

3. Starting to lean toward the coaching

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Unless you're talking about chronic underachievers, like say, early Derrick Coleman, I'm not sure how it's ever an individual player's fault. It's management's job to assemble the right mix of players with the right coach.

In the Knicks case they had a numbnuts owner who decided to meddle. For them fault falls in this order:

Owner, GM, players (meaning bad mix, not enough talent), coach.

Unfortunately, to make changes you try to get the most change for the least effort, so things work in the reverse order. First person(s) to get dumped goes like this: coach or players depending, GM, owner.

It's a cruel world.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i have no problem with Grunfeld..I have no problem with layden either,now that hes FIRED...

Dont make excuses...deal with the reality...The Knicks stunk under Layden.....check the won- lost record...

Layden signed Houston to a ridiculous contract..layden signed weatherspoon...layden stockpiled undersized power fowards..Layden traded for Dyss...layden brought us the formidable duo,Howard and shandon from utah....

grunfeld is long gone..why dont you blame Red Holzman while you are at it....

Instead of blaming Grunfeld why dont you explain how it is the players fault and specifically which ones??

Are you implying they arent giving it there all??

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!

grunfeld is long gone..why dont you blame Red Holzman while you are at it....
In three weeks here I've seen him blame Grunfeld, Ewing and Checketts.

Until Isiah, Layden had signed 13 of the 15 players on the roster. All his big contracts were either traded or expired on his watch. Who's fault is it that everytime he traded he did so for longer contracts? I think one could say he left his imprint on the team. Only Ward and Thomas were Grunfeld's.

It was a winning team he took over, one which just came off a finals run against the Spurs. He recreated it as a loosing club with trips to the lottery rather than the playoffs. That would be fine if he had a rebuild mandate, but he did this with a win now mandate. In fact he assembled the highest payroll in the league, sold tickets at the highest cost in the league, all so we could watch a, what was it, 14-21 club?

And his work in Utah was underwhelming too.

I know this as all been spelled out already, but Rashidi is a great revisionist, and his loyalty is most impressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts